anastasia

hi. my name is anastasia.

i live in nz,

i have always been curious about the morman religeon.

my neighbour is a morman.

i am a christian but i dont go to a church anywhere, i have been looking at gods word for years now and have learnt a lot and been on other forums too and met a lot of nice people.

so im looking forward to spending some time here, and learning some things, and deciding if i can agree with things mormans say.

many blessings to you all.

and please excuse me sometimes, there is things i dont know so if i ask questions, thats just me.

and i also prefer now to type (on forums) without capitals. im a slow typer so i just find it a lot easier.

thankyou.

anastasia.

thankyou.

what interest me so much with mormon is because years ago, i would pray and ask things and have answers.

so quite a few times i had asked about morman.

and one day i asked again, and honest the next day my son had put the book of morman - which he had found on a shelf among other books and bibles - on the table with a note and a flower!

something put me off, i think i read marriages were eternal, and i was in a bad relationship which had been for over 20 years.

and a few other things.

so i ended up going to an adventist church, but stopped after a while because of some things i disagreed on.

then i ended up on a non trinitarian forum, trying to help a muslim. and sometimes an athiest.

i eventually gave up trying to help the muslim and joined the rest in the believers section in conversation but the forum had problems and everyone was fighting and debating and there was little good on it. and the moderators did'nt do a very good job and abuse and all kinds of things were going on. my faith at times was really tested.

my relationship broke up. permanantly.

then i made good friends with another believer, a man, and we still write each day by email. and i love him a lot.

i finally left that forum, and life is good. i still though am curious about mormanism.

Kia Ora, Anastasia.

Nau mai, haere mai!

Do you mind if I ask: what is your native language?

what interest me so much with mormon is because years ago, i would pray and ask things and have answers.

so quite a few times i had asked about morman.

and one day i asked again, and honest the next day my son had put the book of morman - which he had found on a shelf among other books and bibles - on the table with a note and a flower!

something put me off, i think i read marriages were eternal, and i was in a bad relationship which had been for over 20 years.

Yes, we believe that marriage can continue throughout eternity; but only good marriages. Only those who live up to their covenants, including being kind to their spouses and children, will have their marriages continue.

I hope this is helpful to you.

Regards from the Waikato,

Pahoran

Yes, we believe that marriage can continue throughout eternity; but only good marriages. Only those who live up to their covenants, including being kind to their spouses and children, will have their marriages continue.

I hope this is helpful to you.

Regards from the Waikato,

Pahoran

I will add one clarification to Pahoran's statement, highlighted above. It's not just any "good marriage" that can be eternal so to speak. A Mormon marriage to be for eternity, must be performed as a "sealing" for time and eternity in a Mormon Temple (separate and different than a Mormon chapel) by someone holding proper priesthood authority to perform such "sealings." In other words, both the man and woman desire the marriage to be eternal, and then take steps to go to the temple. Those not married/sealed in the temple can have a regular marriage performed (for this life only) in a Mormon meetinghouse by the bishop.

By the way, welcome... from the beautiful central Oregon coast... Garden Girl

kia ora pahoran! are you from the waikato?

you asked what my native language is.... i know a bit of maori but english is what we speak. my dad is an irish immigrant to nz. and my mum a nz irish scott. but her surname is jewish, and so could my dads possibly, theres two versions of his, one jewish and one german. and as an irishman his family were all dark. who knows!

nz is a beautiful country, sad about the earthquakes though. (lately).

----------------------------------------

and garden girl thankyou (and pahoran) for that information on eternal marriages and the difference in the two (chapel and temple) thats really interesting.

The man i am now "with" (sadly only internet as we live in different countries) has helped me so much. and the love we have i have never felt before. and i could happily be with him forever. we have what he calls a 'spiritual marriage'. spiritually husband and wife. and i love him. so my view on this has changed since, and its good to know the facts now on what it means.

looking forward to reading here and asking questions if i need to=)

anastasia, I do hope, that someday, you will be able to marry him, physically, when the time comes that you are happy with it =D. I hope that day will come... I hope that day will come when you will enter the temple.

It's a long ways.

But it's worth it =D.

Edited by TAO

TAO, thankyou so much...bless you....one day maybe=)... (i love him so much).

OK, i'll start reading more of the forum, and im getting really curious about this morman religion and beliefs! I know quite a bit, but would like to know more.

thanks for the welcome, all.

(just watching on tv about the Japan earthquake). 8.8, thats HUGE.