Oirgin of the African Race

Rivers

This is a question that has been bugging me for a long time. I simply want to understand that why so many people have assumed that the descendants of Cain, Ham, or the Caananites are the African race. Why black people??? Is there any historical evidence that traces black people to any of these Biblical people? Or was this simply an assumption made by Christians?

Considering the oldest known modern humans in Africa were running around 160,000 years ago, I'd imagine it's a safe bet to assume the Christians were (surprise, surprise) totally wrong.

Well, not just Christians. Jews, Egyptians, and a whole host of other religions and cultures both in the Near East and elsewhere are set within a dark-bad/light-good dichotomous paradigm.

...And the vast majority of the world's population are and have been "dark skinned"...

Well, not just Christians. Jews, Egyptians, and a whole host of other religions and cultures both in the Near East and elsewhere are set within a dark-bad/light-good dichotomous paradigm.

...And the vast majority of the world's population are and have been "dark skinned"...

Oh that's what I thought. I was just wondering if there was any kind of historical records that are used to link Africans to these people. It drives me nuts when I here people express these racist ideas in the 21st century. Sigh.

Archived