Gold Found In Bulgaria.

karl61

If memory serves, it was Bularia where the gold plates connected by gold rings were found recently. Actually, they were found during WWII by an Italian infantryman, but only recently released to the world.

So it wasn't just gold masks . . . !

All the Best!

--Consiglieri

If someone trys to create a connection between this mask and the BoM I'm going to throw a fit.

Amazingly, our anti-Mormon evangelical friend, John Ankerberg, already beat me to it in his book (drum roll, please): Behind the Mask of Mormonism.

All the Best!

--Consiglieri

Amazingly, our anti-Mormon evangelical friend, John Ankerberg, already beat me to it in his book (drum roll, please): Behind the Mask of Mormonism.

All the Best!

--Consiglieri

Those anti-Mormon evangelical ministry types are crazier than you Mormons. Mind you, you're all nuts, but at least you Mormons aren't usually condemning people to hell over every little thing and (most) of you guys have senses of humor.

2400 years ago is only 600 BC. The Roman Republic had already been formed by then. The Chinese already had all kinds of things going on by then. Many civilizations had already come and gone by then. All of these had used gold. It's certainly interesting from an archeological point of view when 2400 year old gold artifacts are discovered, but not because the prove that people were using gold by 600 BC. :P

If someone trys to create a connection between this mask and the BoM I'm going to throw a fit.

Actually, this evidence of the working of ores does indeed illuminate the archeological milieu of the Book of Mormon, and the working of ore in that book, demonstrating that the BoM is unquestionably a product of that milieu.

Actually, this evidence of the working of ores does indeed illuminate the archeological milieu of the Book of Mormon, and the working of ore in that book, demonstrating that the BoM is unquestionably a product of that milieu.

I'm not as good at world history as Sethbag, but I think the Aztecs may have used even more gold than the Bulgarians.

I'm just guessing at this one, though.

All the Best!

--Consiglieri

Those anti-Mormon evangelical ministry types are crazier than you Mormons. Mind you, you're all nuts, but at least you Mormons aren't usually condemning people to hell over every little thing and (most) of you guys have senses of humor.

You are so going to hell for that crack!

And I'll be turnin' the spit.

How would you like your Bond this evening, sir? Shaken, stirred, or medium-well?

All the Best!

--Consiglieri

Exactly! The Bulgarians taught the Israelites the art of golden calf making. I also read that Nephi went to a private Bulgarian prep school.

Actually, that was Lemuel. Nephi went to a prestigious Ethiopian prep school (the bitter rivals to the Bulgarian prep school). This was one of the main sources for Lemuel's animosity towards Nephi.

Archived