bluebell Posted 2 hours ago Posted 2 hours ago There's a lady that I see on instagram sometimes (not a latter-day saint as far as I can tell) who has been saying some things that really resonate with me and many experiences I've had in my life. The last one that she posted said: "You're not afraid God's will won't happen. You're afraid it will. Because somewhere along the way, 'God's will' became the explanation for everything that broke your heart. The thing you lost. The prayer He didn't answer. The life you begged Him not to let fall apart. And afterward you were told: God knows best, God had a reason, God's ways are higher. So now when someone says 'Trust God with the outcome' you don't hear comfort. You hear: Anything can happen and if it does, you have to find a way to call it good. Maybe that's why surrender feels so complicated. Because somewhere along the way you stopped experiencing God's will as something you could rest in and started experiencing it as something you had to brace for." Amen. I know there is a God because I've personally experienced Him. I know He loves me because I've personally experienced His love. But translating that into trusting Him as been an uphill battle. Why does it seem like life is set up to make it hard to trust Him and how do we do it anyway? 2
Tony uk Posted 1 hour ago Posted 1 hour ago 19 minutes ago, bluebell said: I know there is a God because I've personally experienced Him. I know He loves me because I've personally experienced His love. But translating that into trusting Him as been an uphill battle. Why does it seem like life is set up to make it hard to trust Him and how do we do it anyway I have felt God's presence in my own life. Sometimes when I have prayed for something. At times, when I have not asked directly. Sometimes I am guided without realising, until after some time do I realise of a presence of God's love in a personal action. In my own thoughts process, it is a parent and child process. The parent providing a home, clothing, food and all what is necessary. And the child trusting that they will be cared for in a loving environment. I feel that it is a parent/child situation between God and ourselves. 1
The Nehor Posted 1 hour ago Posted 1 hour ago 1 minute ago, Tony uk said: I have felt God's presence in my own life. Sometimes when I have prayed for something. At times, when I have not asked directly. Sometimes I am guided without realising, until after some time do I realise of a presence of God's love in a personal action. In my own thoughts process, it is a parent and child process. The parent providing a home, clothing, food and all what is necessary. And the child trusting that they will be cared for in a loving environment. I feel that it is a parent/child situation between God and ourselves. Then how do you react when God doesn’t provide a home, clothing, and food and everything necessary? Or they weren’t and/or aren’t being cared for in a loving environment? If you put God in front of a family court to testify about how He trusted his children to mortal parents he knew were abusive or would be abusive God would have to say that he did do that. God would be judged an unfit and negligent parent. You can appeal to a larger context where everything will eventually made right or things will be healed but that is cold comfort to those enduring pain now. And then God is going to have to send those children to spirit prison/hell to ‘fix’ their unbelief in this loving God that put them in that situation because they are horrible sinners by virtue of having been born. It is a pretty screwed up way to run things.
Tony uk Posted 1 hour ago Posted 1 hour ago Maybe this would require unconditional love and trust in God.
The Nehor Posted 54 minutes ago Posted 54 minutes ago 6 minutes ago, Tony uk said: Maybe this would require unconditional love and trust in God. That could easily be a very codependent relationship I am reminded of this old blog post I saved: Quote She never asks, as Chloe did a few chapters back, "how this fits with a loving, merciful God." She just takes it and blames herself. Loretta is dealt a horrible blow by the hand of God so she rushes off to the church to apologize, to say she's sorry for what she made him do and to promise that she'll never make him lose his temper like that again. Loretta is God's battered wife.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now