Seriously No Politics ×

Hitler Baptized

GravyBoat

May God smite the murderer of 6 million Jews with a curse! Let him be thrust down to hell and burned in the lake of fire.

I thought the LDS didn't believe in a literal hell or lake of fire. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Anyway, Hitler is/was just as much in need of God's grace as any one else. "Let he who is without sin," etc. Sure, I'm not comfortable with the thought of Hitler being in heaven, but I think that's because I still have a very human, very finite understanding of God's grace.

>Hitler baptized

For those who are not LDS, please note that *anyone* can submit a name for temple work -- even Osama bin Laden can fill out a sheet and submit it. The church does not verify the individuals who submit these sheets.

The issue is not whether the vicarious work was done for him, but who did it? And how was it discovered?

The SL Tribune did research on the individual submitting the name, and found that the individual's information was false -- he mis-represented himself.

An enemy has a passion to destroy the church and hinder its activities. So, he gets a great idea on how to embarrass the church on temple work. He submits Hitler's name for temple work. After it is done, he then tells the newspapers that the "Mormons baptized Hitler".

If you want to know the truth of this situation, just look up the family group sheet and investigate the individual who submitted that sheet.

Wow. This is one embarrassing thread (and I'm not even LDS). Such callous, oblivious tone (with the exception of Paul and maybe a few others). Who needs anti-mormons while ya'll are putting their efforts to shame?

Somebody hurry and do the temple work for the 9/11 hijackers!

Do Osama's work too (you'll have to wait 'til he dies first)

Has anybody done Ted Bundy's temple work yet? Get a move on!

Hurry and write down this name: Dean Schwartzmiller. He'll need your help to have his temple work done after he dies in prison for molesting or planning to molest 36,000 children and the disgusting beast recorded it all in his diary.

Pure lunacy.

I can assure you that it's not the position of the church to baptize demons such as Hitler and others. This board has many trolls on it to cause contention. There are also some LDS people who don

Paul O. wrote:

I wouldn't stay in the same room with someone who advocated the practice of baptizing Hitler.

But you'll stay in cyber-space with those who do not condemn it. Go figure.

And the "practice of baptizing Hitler?" It happens once. No opportunity for practice. You have to get it right the first time. :P

May God smite the murderer of 6 million Jews with a curse! Let him be thrust down to hell and burned in the lake of fire.

I thought the LDS didn't believe in a literal hell or lake of fire. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Anyway, Hitler is/was just as much in need of God's grace as any one else. "Let he who is without sin," etc. Sure, I'm not comfortable with the thought of Hitler being in heaven, but I think that's because I still have a very human, very finite understanding of God's grace.

The lake of fire is figurative, and YOU know that. The grace of Christ won't be helping Hitler anytime soon. He will suffer in hell with flames that ascend forever. It is called "Endless torment".

I've cast a stone at Hitler, and I will glady cast many more.

Paul O

Paul O. wrote:
I wouldn't stay in the same room with someone who advocated the practice of baptizing Hitler.

And the "practice of baptizing Hitler?" It happens once. No opportunity for practice. You have to get it right the first time. :P

I left the last thread because it was making me ill and it was not the place to debate.

I don't expect I will stay here much longer. The computer screen is one thing but having to look into the faces of those who advocate salvation to Hitler in the temple of my God would turn my stomach.

The House of Israel is due for a cleaning.

Paul O

Paul O wrote:

It is called "Endless torment".
6 Nevertheless, it is not written that there shall be no end to this torment, but it is written endless ctorment.

7 Again, it is written eternal damnation; wherefore it is more express than other scriptures, that it might work upon the hearts of the children of men, altogether for my name

I don't expect I will stay here much longer. The computer screen is one thing but having to look into the faces of those who advocate salvation to Hitler in the temple of my God would turn my stomach.

For what it's worth, I'm with you, Paul. I cannot imagine getting the idea to do Hitler's temple work. What could possess someone to do that? I could shower for a month after doing that and still not feel clean.

An enemy has a passion to destroy the church and hinder its activities. So, he gets a great idea on how to embarrass the church on temple work. He submits Hitler's name for temple work. After it is done, he then tells the newspapers that the "Mormons baptized Hitler".

Indeed, Satan would rejoice if Adolph Hitler was baptized and endowed in the holy temple. I tell you that the hosts of hell would shout together with praises to their wicked king in seeing Latter-day Saints stooping to levels that bring shame to the church.

I hope and pray the temple is never desecrated in this manner.

Paul O

And what's wrong with someone (the someone(s) who did AH's proxy work) having faith that G-d's grace is so profound that even someone as depraved as AH has hope of a Kingdom of Glory?

Yeah, he probably does deserve some place in the Kingdom of God...as long as it's below ALL OF THE JEWS HE MURDERED.

What? No tears for the Poles and Russians?

A similar conversation?:

Person A: Osama bin Laden and Al Qaeda murdered 3,000 Americans!

Person B [rolls eyes and takes a smarmy tone]: What no tears for Spaniards or Malaysians?

pathetic. :P

Paul O. wrote:

I left the last thread because it was making me ill and it was not the place to debate.

Paul O

And PO is, I suppose the one to do the cleaning?

If so, I suggest starting with

Charles%20De%20Gaulle.jpg

before starting on bigger fish like

goebbels-joseph.jpg

or

USAloeb.jpg

"If the ministers of religion had a proper understanding of the doctrine of eternal judgment, they would not be found attending the man who forfeited his life to the injured laws of his country, by shedding innocent blood; for such characters cannot be forgiven, until they have paid the last farthing. The prayers of all the ministers in the world can never close the gates of hell against a murderer." (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith)

Paul O

Indeed, Satan would rejoice if Adolph Hitler was baptized and endowed in the holy temple. I tell you that the hosts of hell would shout together with praises to their wicked king in seeing Latter-day Saints stooping to levels that bring shame to the church.

Paul O

Paul O I am surprised...You are often the first to quote scripture in defense of your ideas but here you just toss the words of Christ right out the window. I repeat

Doctrine and Covenants 64: 10 I, the Lord, will forgive whom I will forgive, but of you it is required to forgive all men.
Oh, and have all the Presidents of the United States of America been baptized for the dead? NO! Does that sadden you? Write the prophet and take it up with him.

I really have no idea if all the Presidents of the USA have been baptized. To be frank I am not sure what this has to do with anything. It is a non sequitur. Come on Paul you are smarter than this.

Now...if the Lord revealed to the Prophet that certain people should not have their work done in the temple then I would go with what the prophet says. However, I have yet to hear a prophet exclude anyone from having their work done for them [this excludes the Jews who died in the Holocaust

for such characters cannot be forgiven, until they have paid the last farthing

So even Joseph Smith believes that folks such as Hitler can and will eventually be forgiven. Paul I think you just proved most of our points. We are told to do temple work not to judge whose work is to be done. For in the end after every one, including you, has paid their last farthing they will be forgiven.

And what's wrong with someone (the someone(s) who did AH's proxy work) having faith that G-d's grace is so profound that even someone as depraved as AH has hope of a Kingdom of Glory?

Yeah, he probably does deserve some place in the Kingdom of God...as long as it's below ALL OF THE JEWS HE MURDERED.

A similar conversation?:

Person B [rolls eyes and takes a smarmy tone]: What no tears for Spaniards or Malaysians?

Just because I don't choose to use many smilies in my posts does not mean one should avoid the unavoidable: that my post was intended to point out the absurdity of PO's position.

We are not in the business of judging the dead. That's somewhat above our pay grade.

"If the ministers of religion had a proper understanding of the doctrine of eternal judgment, they would not be found attending the man who forfeited his life to the injured laws of his country, by shedding innocent blood; for such characters cannot be forgiven, until they have paid the last farthing. The prayers of all the ministers in the world can never close the gates of hell against a murderer." (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith)

And what, pray hath that ^ to do with the topic at hand?

AH may or may not qualify for a kingdom of glory. Did he sin against the Holy Ghost, qualifying him for perdition? How do you know one way or another?

Must we make the assumption of nonqualification for the celestial kingdom in any person? Why?

As I pointed out in another post in this thread, such judgments are made above our pay grade. It's hubris to believe we can even attempt them.

There is a listing for Hitler in the PRF, but not in the IGI.

I'll admit that I'm not familiar with the acronyms listed.

Gravy, I find it strange that you have such strong feelings about Adolph Hitler's murders, and yet use a picture of a fellow murderer, Che Guevara, as your avatar.

Are you unaware of this man's life (not the Hollywood version, mind you.)

Paul O I am surprised...You are often the first to quote scripture in defense of your ideas but here you just toss the words of Christ right out the window. I repeat
Doctrine and Covenants 64: 10 I, the Lord, will forgive whom I will forgive, but of you it is required to forgive all men.

Hitler didn't sin against me personally. I have nothing to forgive. He is condemned already. He will suffer in hell as he is doing now.

Feel free to write the prophet and tell him to hurry up and baptize him. But the church won

A similar conversation?:

Just because I don't choose to use many smilies in my posts does not mean one should avoid the unavoidable: that my post was intended to point out the absurdity of PO's position.

We are not in the business of judging the dead. That's somewhat above our pay grade.

It is so hilarious that you label a person's condemnation of Adolph Hitler "absurdity". Actually, it's only funny until I realize you're serious.

Ohhh how the list of reasons I'm not "good enough" to be a Mormon seems to be growing.

101. I will NOT forgive Adolph Hitler (a blatant disrespect for every victim of the beast)

102. I will NOT forgive Osama bin Laden (also a blatant disrespect for every victim of the beast)

You who are so eager to forgive mass murderers and serial child rapists know this: many people in this world are not impressed by your supposed moral, righteous higher ground (quite the opposite). Your oblivious view of terrorists, Nazis, pedophiles, rapists and mass murderers as if they were all lumped into the "tax evaders and apple thief" pile is grotesque, pitiful and offensive. But I'd hate to "cast stones". That'd be the worst thing a person could do, eh?

Your obedient righteousness regarding Adolph Hitler's temple work is strikingly unimpressive. I, however, am shocked and astonished by your lemming-like mentality. Have you no shame?

I am not sure how following the commandments of Christ as taught in the Sermon on the Mount....43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.

44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?

47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?....is lunacy.

You make Bible teachings seem like vomit to me. Your twisted use of scripture in this thread sickens me. I

Is it just the baptism and endowment of Hitler that you think would desecrate the temple? Or is it the baptism and endowment of any person who committed grave crimes and didn't repent of them while in this life?

In the latter case, you might want to inform the President of the Frankfurt Temple, in Germany, that his temple was desecrated about a decade ago when my mother had her own father, an unrepentant pedophile, be baptised, endowed and sealed.

I honestly fail to see what is so horrendous about the concept of Hitler and other such people receiving their ordinances. It's not like it's going to profit them anyway, if they don't repent. So what's the big deal :P ??

Del

Archived