ZealouslyStriving Posted August 17, 2024 Posted August 17, 2024 One topic that interests me is how other Christian groups view the Millennium as I discovered there are like three different teachings about it. So last year I had an opportunity to explore the Catechism book. If I understand correctly Roman Catholics are Amillennialist- meaning you believe that the millennial Kingdom of God is the rise of the Holy Roman Church and The Second Coming of Christ that all will see will only occur at the end of said Millennium, not the beginning as we believe. Do I have that right? 2
Saint Bonaventure Posted August 20, 2024 Posted August 20, 2024 On 8/17/2024 at 8:30 AM, ZealouslyStriving said: One topic that interests me is how other Christian groups view the Millennium as I discovered there are like three different teachings about it. So last year I had an opportunity to explore the Catechism book. If I understand correctly Roman Catholics are Amillennialist- meaning you believe that the millennial Kingdom of God is the rise of the Holy Roman Church and The Second Coming of Christ that all will see will only occur at the end of said Millennium, not the beginning as we believe. Do I have that right? Basically, you have it right. Christ's kingdom will be fully realized with his return and after Judgment (with a capital "J"). 3
LoudmouthMormon Posted August 20, 2024 Posted August 20, 2024 I've been meaning to get around to watching all the Left Behind movies they've made over the decades. You know Nick Cage only boosts the theological claims of whatever group of Christians made those movies! 2
3DOP Posted August 20, 2024 Posted August 20, 2024 (edited) 8 hours ago, Saint Bonaventure said: Basically, you have it right. Christ's kingdom will be fully realized with his return and after Judgment (with a capital "J"). I would ditto that. I have been pre-millenial, then post-millenial, and now a Catholic amillenialist. If I did not have an authoritative Church to interpret Scripture, I don't know how I could decide between the three main options, and the options within those options which are amazingly clever. This is a part of my journey to Rome. This is why I was, and still am, interested in the LDS and its teaching about one true church, with our wildly different beliefs about everything else. I could never be a Protestant who believes that the Scriptures clearly teach one thing. Wait. They do teach at least one thing clearly. That we need an official interpreter! Before we can understand the Scriptures, we need to find the one true Church to teach us. That is a much less onerous task than arguing that the Bible alone can resolve any doctrinal controversy. Edited August 20, 2024 by 3DOP 3
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now