Andrew Klavan: Speaking Truth to Modern Culture

Stargazer

I just ran into this today whilst surfing YouTube, and I was impressed with the thoughts presented. It isn't concerned with "Mormonism", really, and I don't think it requires discussion and argumentation here, so I put it in the Social Hall. I'm doing it as a matter of public service, since some of you will appreciate hearing it. Those of you who vehemently or otherwise disagree can just as easily go to the comments section of the video on YouTube and present your thoughts there. 

There's at least one other person on this board who knows who Andrew Klavan is, and "Trigger Warning", he's a conservative commentator as well as a number of other things, including novelist and comedian. This video is Klavan giving a talk at an event put on by the Acton Institute for the Study of Religion and Liberty. The institute is an American research and educational institution, or think tank, in Grand Rapids, Michigan, whose stated mission is "to promote a free and virtuous society characterized by individual liberty and sustained by religious principles".

If you don't know who Klavan is, there's a minute-long introduction which does the typical job of introducing the speaker and describing his accolades. But if you already know who Klavan is, or don't care about who he is, skip to his actual talk which begins at about 1:00. The short answer to who he is might be: an east coast liberal agnostic Jew who much later became a conservative Christian, who is an award-winning novelist and podcaster.

TL;DR 

A conservative American Christian stands before a group of conservative American Christians and assures them that its OK to be an unapologetic conservative American Christian because savage and oppressive cultures are self-evidently inferior to conservative American Christianity.