Seriously No Politics ×

What is a secular nation?

1 hour ago, Teancum said:

Sure I understand the difference. But are there not mutually beneficial interactions between churches and parishioners? Maybe I am really reaching here and I will admit it.  However I will point out one thing. IRC 501(c)(3) is simply part of tax law that, like other parts of the tax law, is there to social engineer certain actions and behavior.  As I think you have pointed out., the government believes that granting tax exempt status to churches and other charities, schools and other not for profit organizations is good in order to foster certain activities by non governmental organizations.  There is really nothing more than that at play. If at some point the political climate and leaders feel the cost benefit of tax exemption is not beneficial to society there is no reason why that cannot change.

“If” being the operative word. 

That’s like saying, “Americans are protected by the Bill of Rights, but if the political climate changes and despots take power, that.could change.”

Or, “I enjoy peach cobbler, but if I eat too much and get sick of it, that could change.”

As my youngest son said once, “Thank you, Captain Obvious.” 

Edited by Scott Lloyd
5 hours ago, Teancum said:

Sure I understand the difference. But are there not mutually beneficial interactions between churches and parishioners? ...

It's too bad that most all of churches' charitable actions only benefit their parishioners.  Oh, wait ... :huh:

Sorry. :rolleyes:

My bad. :unknw: