Jump to content
Seriously No Politics ×

The next phase of the Church under the new First presidency


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
On 1/18/2018 at 10:36 AM, pogi said:

I have a feeling that this will be a great time of sifting and strengthening of those who will hear and heed the word of God.  It appears that this will be a presidency with a strong emphasis on endowments of power, faith, increased personal revelation, peace, and temple worship.  We so need that right now, in sifting through the many competing voices of the political and secular world.  I, for one, am looking forward to this emphasis of internal spiritual growth and strength.

I agree wholeheartedly.

As I have noted before, we are clearly seeing a 'sifting and strengthening' in our ward right now. The engaged are going from strength to strength -- endowed, as you put it, with increased faith, personal revelation and peace. With certain knowledge too, I would add. And power.

Edited by Hamba Tuhan
Posted
On 1/19/2018 at 3:05 AM, Atheist Mormon said:

How is this reshuffling the Presidency will help worldwide church to help it's proselytizing efforts in Western part of the world?  

Point of clarification here: the Presidency wasn't reshuffled. Presidents Eyring and Uchtdorf were released by the death of President Monson. The First Presidency was vacant at the time that President Nelson was called, and he chose his counselors based upon the needs of the Church today.

Setting aside the question of revelation (in which I firmly believe, but which frequently seems to be like a red rag to a bull around here) the simple fact is that the First Presidency dissolves entirely upon the death of the President, and is reconstituted from scratch when the next President is called.

Posted
On 1/19/2018 at 6:25 AM, rockpond said:

It is a great focus.  I am likewise excited about it.  But, I don't think that "growth in numbers" is even an option available to him at this point.  Growth rate has been declining for decades and we can't seem to alter that.

Presidents Nelson and Oaks also both seemed to indicate that, with respect to LGBT issues and women's issues, they will be holding to the status quo.  So, I can't imagine any seeing any changes to the growth rate trajectory.

Yes, the Church won't crash and burn like most surrendering Churches seem to do.

 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...