Jump to content
Seriously No Politics ×

Blessings of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob - polygamy.


Recommended Posts

Posted
40 minutes ago, The Nehor said:

I am pretty sure I have to butcher it correctly for it to count as a burnt offering...

Not really. 

It's definitely a sacrifice...at least as far as the animal is concerned...

...regardless of what ritual, if any, is followed in that animal's departure from this realm.

A Pig and a Chicken are walking down the road.
The Chicken says: "Hey Pig, I was thinking we should open a restaurant!"
Pig replies: "Hm, maybe, what would we call it?"
The Chicken responds: "How about 'ham-n-eggs'?"
The Pig thinks for a moment and says: "No thanks. I'd be committed, but you'd only be involved."
Posted
38 minutes ago, hagoth7 said:

Not really. 

It's definitely a sacrifice...at least as far as the animal is concerned...

...regardless of what ritual, if any, is followed in that animal's departure from this realm.

A Pig and a Chicken are walking down the road.
The Chicken says: "Hey Pig, I was thinking we should open a restaurant!"
Pig replies: "Hm, maybe, what would we call it?"
The Chicken responds: "How about 'ham-n-eggs'?"
The Pig thinks for a moment and says: "No thanks. I'd be committed, but you'd only be involved."

Yeah, but I would not just want a barbecue. I would want a holy barbecue.

Posted
7 hours ago, strappinglad said:

What were the " commandments" in Abraham's time? The 10 commandments were given to Moses who lived (assuming ) centuries after Abraham , so was there a specific list that Abraham followed? Not to commit murder was a given , even with Adam. Not to worship idols for sure . What else?

Straining at a gnat , might I suggest that the commandment not to commit adultery implies a need for polygamy ?

According to the rabbis, before the time of Moses, all men were required to follow the Seven Noahide laws, 

  • Do not deny God.
  • Do not blaspheme God.
  • Do not murder.
  • Do not engage in illicit sexual relations.
  • Do not steal.
  • Do not eat from a live animal.
  • Establish courts/legal system to ensure obedience to said laws.
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...