Mystery Meat Posted January 31, 2015 Author Posted January 31, 2015 I totally agree. Well then you should probably stop advocating the philosophies of men. 1
strappinglad Posted January 31, 2015 Posted January 31, 2015 We are coming up on 200 years since the establishment of the church. 200 years is about the time frame after which things start to disintegrate . This was reflected in the BoM and at the time of the apostles and after each dispensation since the flood. I'm not sure what the trigger is after 200 years, but it seems to be the situation.
sdc999 Posted January 31, 2015 Posted January 31, 2015 Well then you should probably stop advocating the philosophies of men.Agreed......http://en.fairmormon.org/Mormonism_and_doctrine/Prophets_are_not_infallible All throughout this article, we are reminded that prophets are 'just men'. Maybe some should be more careful when that take heed from the pulpit of these MEN and advocate ALL THEIR philosophies. 1
rockpond Posted January 31, 2015 Posted January 31, 2015 Well then you should probably stop advocating the philosophies of men. I don't believe I am. See sdc999's response.
Mystery Meat Posted January 31, 2015 Author Posted January 31, 2015 Agreed......http://en.fairmormon.org/Mormonism_and_doctrine/Prophets_are_not_infallible All throughout this article, we are reminded that prophets are 'just men'. Maybe some should be more careful when that take heed from the pulpit of these MEN and advocate ALL THEIR philosophies. I feel sorry for you and your justification of false doctrine. Homosexuality has been condemned in the days of Abraham, Moses, Paul and in our day. Prophets have consistently taught against and used strong language calling it an abomination. Yet somehow, many people in our day think they know better than thousands of years worth of prophetic precedent. I hope you are able to find the truth. 2
Mystery Meat Posted January 31, 2015 Author Posted January 31, 2015 I don't believe I am. See sdc999's response. You are. I invite you to repent. 1
sdc999 Posted January 31, 2015 Posted January 31, 2015 (edited) I feel sorry for you and your justification of false doctrine. Homosexuality has been condemned in the days of Abraham, Moses, Paul and in our day. Prophets have consistently taught against and used strong language calling it an abomination. Yet somehow, many people in our day think they know better than thousands of years worth of prophetic precedent. I hope you are able to find the truth.Where did I say I was in favor of homosexuality? I reread my remarks and don't see it. I do not condone nor like it. I do have friends who are homosexual an I respect them as a person but still do not condone their lifestyle. What I insinuated was that there have been things come across the LDS pulpit and from LDS leaders that were simply not true. And members defend to the end. Or until another prophet comes along and corrects an older prophet. Maybe I should feel sorry for you. Are you the one standing outside screaming, 'sinners in there, don't go in with the sinners?' All the while, Jesus is sitting and eating with them. Edited January 31, 2015 by sdc999
Mystery Meat Posted January 31, 2015 Author Posted January 31, 2015 Where did I say I was in favor of homosexuality? I reread my remarks and don't see it. I do not condone nor like it. I do have friends who are homosexual an I respect them as a person but still do not condone their lifestyle. What I insinuated was that there have been things come across the LDS pulpit and from LDS leaders that were simply not true. And members defend to the end. Or until another prophet comes along and corrects an older prophet. Well we are talking about homosexuality right now, so you will understand my confusion.
rockpond Posted January 31, 2015 Posted January 31, 2015 You are. I invite you to repent. We are all in need of repentance. But you are in no position to determine whether I am following the philosophies of men. 1
Mystery Meat Posted January 31, 2015 Author Posted January 31, 2015 We are all in need of repentance. But you are in no position to determine whether I am following the philosophies of men. If you are not following the prophets then you have need to repent.
rockpond Posted January 31, 2015 Posted January 31, 2015 If you are not following the prophets then you have need to repent. Last I checked, we were supposed to be following someone else. 1
Mystery Meat Posted January 31, 2015 Author Posted January 31, 2015 Last I checked, we were supposed to be following someone else. "Whether by my voice or the voice of my servants, it is the same." 1
rockpond Posted January 31, 2015 Posted January 31, 2015 "Whether by my voice or the voice of my servants, it is the same." If that is meant to be taken literally and if it applies 100% of the time... why do they keep getting things wrong?
Mystery Meat Posted January 31, 2015 Author Posted January 31, 2015 If that is meant to be taken literally and if it applies 100% of the time... why do they keep getting things wrong? They don't. 3
KevinG Posted January 31, 2015 Posted January 31, 2015 If that is meant to be taken literally and if it applies 100% of the time... why do they keep getting things wrong?I understand this to be in the context of revelation, and an assurance that if we make a good faith effort as leaders and followers the Lord will hold is faultless for our errors. 1
Mystery Meat Posted January 31, 2015 Author Posted January 31, 2015 I understand this to be in the context of revelation, and an assurance that if we make a good faith effort as leaders and followers the Lord will hold is faultless for our errors. I think it is clear on its face.
rockpond Posted January 31, 2015 Posted January 31, 2015 I understand this to be in the context of revelation, and an assurance that if we make a good faith effort as leaders and followers the Lord will hold is faultless for our errors. I agree with that interpretation.
Mystery Meat Posted January 31, 2015 Author Posted January 31, 2015 I agree with that interpretation. Even with that interpretation, it still works.
rockpond Posted January 31, 2015 Posted January 31, 2015 They don't. It's nice that you believe that but it is factually incorrect.
KevinG Posted January 31, 2015 Posted January 31, 2015 I think it is clear on its face.Religious traditions like Papal inerrancy and closed cannon confuse the issue for some. 3
Mystery Meat Posted January 31, 2015 Author Posted January 31, 2015 Religious traditions like Papal inerrancy and closed cannon confuse the issue for some. We are not Catholic.
KevinG Posted January 31, 2015 Posted January 31, 2015 We are not Catholic.Many of us were. The erroneous doctrine of the Seed of Cain took 100 years to be rejected. What is obvious on the face of it to some, may not be to others who are learning eternal truths. 3
Ham Clam Posted January 31, 2015 Posted January 31, 2015 This is a serious, sincere question (for what it's worth): Why do activity levels in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints as a whole matter to you? Why not concentrate on those who are within both your circle of concern and your circle of influence, in your own ward, stake, and area?I guess I'm just curious. I hear some other faiths are their members count by counting active perticpants (so I thought it would be something we could accomplish).
Coreyb Posted January 31, 2015 Posted January 31, 2015 They don't.This is not a very defensible position I am afraid. For one we currently have a long thread going about Adam God elsewhere on the board. Maybe you could jump over there and clear things up for everybody.
Ferdinand55 Posted January 31, 2015 Posted January 31, 2015 This is not a very defensible position I am afraid. For one we currently have a long thread going about Adam God elsewhere on the board. Maybe you could jump over there and clear things up for everybody. Nah, that would be too easy
Recommended Posts