Lds Essays?

filovirus

Is there a good website with doctrinal essays? Something similar to the Religious Educator but without so much emphasis on teaching in seminary and institute. Thanks for the help.

Here in topical guide. But some things are written by non-members, great for details, but Elder Oaks once spoke of how those who called to teach the gospel are also called to teach thee "approved material"

Is there a good website with doctrinal essays? Something similar to the Religious Educator but without so much emphasis on teaching in seminary and institute. Thanks for the help.

BYU's Religious Studies Center has nearly all of its publications online at http://rsc.byu.edu/books. Just click the book title, and links to each chapter appear on the left side of the screen.

You can download PDF versions of out-of-print titles here.

I found this Facebook piece fascinating and, well, surprisingly relevant to some of the recent threads here.

R

To review:

• Islam and Christianity are not two different religions.
  • Islam just completes Christianity.
  • Current "Christianity" does not agree with the teachings of Jesus.
  • The Muslim author is not attacking or denigrating anyone else's religion.
  • A Christian is someone who follows Jesus Christ and adheres to his teachings.
  • By this definition, the Muslim is a Christian; in fact, he is a better Christian than those who call themselves "Christians."

And if you don't agree, you're an anti-Muslim bigot. So there. :tribal:

Thanks, I have been to the Religious Studies Center many times and have read many of their books. Papa, this would only be for additional personal scripture study and insight. I agree that teaching church classes should only follow the approved materials.

There is good stuff...hope I did sound preachy. Edited by Bill “Papa” Lee