Windows 7 Problems

rongo

I have Windows 7 and Microsoft Office 2010. Whenever I

a) type in an online forum (like this one)

b) type in a Word document

the font rapidly becomes smaller and smaller. Actually, it's the screen view that keeps getting hopelessly small. In Internet Explorer, I have found that I can fix this problem by clicking on the gear-shaped icon in the upper right corner and choosing "Zoom" and re-setting it to 100% (it will go down in increments of 10% as I type). It's just extremely obnoxious to have to keep doing this every few words or so.

In Word, I haven't found any way to revert back to the default page (which is only the default for a few words). Thus, the page rapidly becomes too small for me to see what I am typing.

How can I fix this in both IE and Word so it doesn't reduce in scale at all unless I tell it to.

Outlook is worse. Emails I compose are automatically so small (the font), that I can't see what I'm typing. It will say "Calibri 11," but I can't actually see discernible words until I put it at 72.

H-E-L-P . . . !!!!! :)

Ah, you've lost something you've worked a long time on, only to have it vanish, huh? :) It is always wise to work it out and paste it in.

The problem is that I use Word for lengthy papers (I'm working on some books), and I need Word, not a plain text editor for that.

• 2 weeks later...