Jump to content
Seriously No Politics ×

New Book About Mormon'S And Evangelicals


Recommended Posts

Posted

A new Book by The President of Fuller Theological Richard Mouw entitled : "Talking with Mormons" has just been released. Has anyone obtained a copy to read ?, if so what are your thoughts ?. Thanks. May True Grace be to all.

In His Debt/Grace

Anakin7

LDS JEDI KNIGHT

Posted

I posted two reviews of this book in the News section. One written by a member of the church, another by a catholic. I have not read the book but the author is a passionate calvanist. He has written at length about mormonism and I strongly suggest we read what he has to say.

Posted

I am curious now, since he heads a seminary that has a section called the School of Intercultural Studies. This is a new term for what use to be called Missiology where one does things like sociology, urban studies, all topics dealing with missionary work. When the graduate goes out in the world to spread the Gospel to the nations how now is he taught to deal with any Mormon contacts. Does he develop a good relationship., recognised him as a genuine christian, meanwhile he hears that some family in his newly planted church is being visited by the Mormon missionaries. I wonder what Dr Mouw's advice would be. hmmmmm.

Posted

I posted two reviews of this book in the News section. One written by a member of the church, another by a catholic. I have not read the book but the author is a passionate calvanist. He has written at length about mormonism and I strongly suggest we read what he has to say.

I've read the reviews, and they have peaked my interest in seeing if the approach in Richard Mouw's book is more accurate than other so-called explainations of LDS beliefs I've read.

Posted

I am curious now, since he heads a seminary that has a section called the School of Intercultural Studies. This is a new term for what use to be called Missiology where one does things like sociology, urban studies, all topics dealing with missionary work. When the graduate goes out in the world to spread the Gospel to the nations how now is he taught to deal with any Mormon contacts. Does he develop a good relationship., recognised him as a genuine christian, meanwhile he hears that some family in his newly planted church is being visited by the Mormon missionaries. I wonder what Dr Mouw's advice would be. hmmmmm.

I suspect his advise would be the same a bishop would give if a mormon were visited by evangelical ministers.

Posted

A new Book by The President of Fuller Theological Richard Mouw entitled : "Talking with Mormons" has just been released. Has anyone obtained a copy to read ?, if so what are your thoughts ?. Thanks. May True Grace be to all.

In His Debt/Grace

Anakin7

LDS JEDI KNIGHT

It is true that Dr. Mouw is an evangelical Christian, but he also has close Mormon friends (such as Prof. Bob Millett of BYU), and Mouw has even spoken in the SL Tabernacle. He is not comfortable with the bearing of false witness against Mormons and has said so publicly on a number of occasions -- even apologizing to Mormons for such nonsense by some of his coreligionists. In short, Pres. Mouw is an honest man, a rare commodity these days.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...