Why Evangelicals Should Support Mitt Romney

Stargazer

Here's a new book (Kindle only) on why EVs should support Romney. Note that you can download a free widget to your PC that enables you to read Kindle books there (if, like me, you don't have a Kindle, that's a nice touch).

From the description:

Why should evangelical Christians support a Mormon candidate for President?David and Nancy French tackle this very question with facts, anecdotes, theology, and a good dose of humor. They talk about Romney’s “Massachusetts moderate” label, his record on social issues, and--yes--his religion.

This books is for people who see Gov. Romney as a talented leader who might very well be the best hope for the GOP against President Obama, except for a few nagging issues. This book is for people who love their country, love the Bible, and think the Book of Mormon is, well, heresy.

Is it possible to strongly disagree with Mormonism and still support Romney? Isn’t theology more important than politics? What about the “flip flop” accusation? Is Mitt Romney a person of character and integrity?

David French is a constitutional lawyer and a captain in the U.S. Army Reserve. He graduated with honors from Harvard Law School, is a Senior Counsel for the American Center for Law and Justice, and is a frequent contributor to National Review Online. Nancy French is a New York Times best-selling author who has written many books and also contributes to National Review Online.

Together, they attend Zion Presbyterian Church, live in Columbia, Tennessee, and are also “Evangelicals for Mitt.” Read this book to find out why.

I have only just started to read this, so I don't have any thoughts on the material as yet.

Don't worry- after the primary, they certainly will support him, EV voters are too GOP loyalist to do so afterwards.

Plus, the desire to kick Obama out of office will be a heck of a lot stronger for them then their own prejudices against the LDS Church.

Don't worry- after the primary, they certainly will support him, EV voters are too GOP loyalist to do so afterwards.

Plus, the desire to kick Obama out of office will be a heck of a lot stronger for them then their own prejudices against the LDS Church.

In general, this is probably the case. There will of course be some that will just not vote for a Mormon, and will vote for either no-one, or for a third-party candidate. I expect this will be quite a small number.

Looks like Romney's got about 1/5 of the EV vote in SC:

Evangelical Christians prefer Gingrich by 37% to 21% margin, with Paul and Santorum at 16% and 15% respectively. Romney leads among all other religious groups.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2012/election_2012_presidential_election/south_carolina/election_2012_south_carolina_republican_primary

Archived