Franklin Graham Says 'Christians' Can Vote For A Mormon

CQUIRK

Thomas: The Washington Republican establishment appears that they are gunning for Mitt Romney. Can a Christian vote for a Mormon as president?

Graham: Yes, the fact that Mitt Romney is a Mormon doesn’t bother me. I think when we are voting for president we need to get the person who is absolutely the most qualified. You can have the nicest guy and he can be a Christian and just wonderful but have absolutely no clue as to how to run a country, you don’t want that. You want somebody who understands Washington, who understands government, who understands how to bring people together so that we can move this country forward. Mitt Romney is a very capable fellow, I know him; I know Newt Gingrich, another very capable person; Michelle Bachman, a very capable lady; Rick Santorum, I like a lot, very gifted guy, a very sharp and so there are some good candidates out there.

Article can be read here.

Note: The only thing they got wrong in the article is Gingrich's polling numbers; as of the article's date, he is in a polling free-fall.

Flippin' A! I just spent 5 mins editing the font and spacing. I think I'll be cautious when cutting and pasting quotes next time. <_<

I am so relieved that I can vote for a Mormon. I was really worrying about it. Thanks be to Franklin Graham for providing some theological lubrication on the subject.

I am so relieved that I can vote for a Mormon. I was really worrying about it. Thanks be to Franklin Graham for providing some theological lubrication on the subject.

:rofl:

Will be interesting to see what other Christians say...experience shows me that inthe hour of desparation a Mormon is alright iwhen a Christian deems no better alternative is available

I hope you're right about that, because if you're not, Obama wins a second term whether any particular person wants him to or not.

kennego1969:

Obama is a Christian.

And? (In case you're wondering, I'm not one of those nuts who's convinced he's a closet Muslim.)

P.S.: There's no "e" in my screen name. :)

Archived