My Homicidal Urges

Daniel Peterson

Over at his headquarters, my Malevolent Stalker is using the following as his signature right now:

"Daniel Peterson and I have been cleaning our assault rifles and loading special rounds for several days now. Just waiting for the word …"---"Wheat", aka Will Schryver - MDB, 9/8/08

If it's authentic, his use of this purportedly three-year-old quote demonstrates yet again how carefully and systematically he's filed such things away for future use against his targets. Rather creepy, that.

But I don't recall ever seeing that alleged statement, and Will Schryver says he never wrote it.

Of course, "Wheat" may be an altogether separate and distinct person from Will Schryver. I really have no idea. But this may also, conceivably, be a flat forgery. (The Stalker has sought for several years now to portray me as consumed with hatred, motivated by rage, and harboring violent fantasies.) In which case, it will illustrate, in yet another way, the extremes to which the Stalker is willing to go in order to prosecute his campaign of slander and vilification.

I no longer have search capabilities on the Stalker's board, so I can't look to see whether "Wheat" actually posted such a statement back in early September of 2008.

as I understand it this would not be the first thing for WS to deny having posted. But yes, that someone saved the quote from 3 years ago does show a certain level of dedication to their own cause. and the ego's that have raged over the years would not perclude me from thinking that some self-proclaimed of their own righteousness defender of all things LDS would use the screen name of Wheat; such a name is a confirmation that the person elevated him self in his own thoughts of their self-labeled righteousness - and I would say, that such a act is not far from people who have posted here or who do post here.

The thread can be found here, Dan. Does Will Schryver deny that he was "Wheat"?

If Wheat is Will, then maybe Will is (at least partly) to blame for the slander. Just a thought.

Were you posting under "Wheat" Will?

Looks like my link above is broken.

To get to the thread, just paste "/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7376&hilit=" after ".org"

Should he ignore Wheat? If Will is Wheat, shouldn't Dan be worried about what he is saying?

Mike don't you know that saying "loading assault rifles with special rounds" is a common term for a meeting. clearly you misunderstand what was posted as it has nothing to do with firearms or bullets

I forgot, is Richard Abanes considered a suspect, as pertaining to the identity of your stalker?

The thought has never crossed my mind before, but I would be enormously surprised if Richard Abanes were the Stalker.

It scarcely seems his style.

We actually get along pretty well, despite our very obviously divergent views. (He even had me contribute a few hundred words at the end of one of his anti-Mormon books a few years back, as a statement from a believing Latter-day Saint.) There hasn't, in other words, been any sign of personal hostility on his part.

Richard doesn't seem to me particularly malicious or obsessive, either, and he appears to be considerably more fair-minded than the Stalker is.

No. It would astonish me if Richard turned out to be the Stalker.

The thread can be found here, Dan. Does Will Schryver deny that he was "Wheat"?

If Wheat is Will, then maybe Will is (at least partly) to blame for the slander. Just a thought.

Were you posting under "Wheat" Will?

I was entirely unaware of the contents of Scratch's sig line until today.

I have previously been accused of posting as at least a dozen (or more) sock puppets at The Great and Spacious Trailer Park. I was accused (many times) of posting under the moniker "Wheat". Each time I was in a position to be aware of the accusation, I denied it. I deny it again now.

There is a strange obsession at MDB that consists of accusing anyone who posts something favorable to my character as being my sock puppet. It has been going on for years now, since the very beginning of the MDB message board. It seems to be part of their ongoing crusade to defame me, a crusade which entails a seemingly coordinated effort on the part of several of the mainstays of that board.

I used to be interested in the identity of 'Dr./Mr. Scratch'. However, once I came to the conclusion that he's probably one of the known posters at MD (not someone like Richard Abanes), I lost interest.

Scratch spends an inordinate amount of time on that board so he can't be too busy in his real life. It's most likely that he is a regular poster there who, like so many others on the board, has a number of sock puppets and 'Scratch' is just one of many. Sockpuppets are prevalent and encouraged on that board--it's hard to tell how many actual individuals there are there. Scratch and his antics are a draw for those who frequent MD so Shades benefits from the Mr. Scratch persona--whoever it is.

As for 'wheat', it could be an LDS apologist, but it could also be just another sockpuppet, created by one of the regular posters. Mormondiscussions thrives on drama and contention. I certainly don't put it past some on that board to create supposedly 'faithful' LDS personas in an attempt to provide entertainment and antagonists on the board. Especially when the real ones leave and they need to fill the void.

I should say that my opinions stated above were formed at a time when I used to visit MD, some years ago. I don't know what it's like now, but from this thread, Scratch is still there and trying to engage Dr. P.--Dr. P's presence also benefits their board and so it's no wonder Scratch continues to try to get his attention.

This post is for the person at MD who tried to send me a private message (I got a notice to my email) regarding this thread;

I'm afraid I can't read your message because I'm locked out of my account over there. Ever since Mormondiscussions went through changes a year or so ago, I've not been able to sign in. I didn't want you to think I was ignoring your message--sorry.

I used to be interested in the identity of 'Dr./Mr. Scratch'. However, once I came to the conclusion that he's probably one of the known posters at MD (not someone like Richard Abanes), I lost interest.

Scratch spends an inordinate amount of time on that board so he can't be too busy in his real life. It's most likely that he is a regular poster there who, like so many others on the board, has a number of sock puppets and 'Scratch' is just one of many. Sockpuppets are prevalent and encouraged on that board--it's hard to tell how many actual individuals there are there. Scratch and his antics are a draw for those who frequent MD so Shades benefits from the Mr. Scratch persona--whoever it is.

As for 'wheat', it could be an LDS apologist, but it could also be just another sockpuppet, created by one of the regular posters. Mormondiscussions thrives on drama and contention. I certainly don't put it past some on that board to create supposedly 'faithful' LDS personas in an attempt to provide entertainment and antagonists on the board. Especially when the real ones leave and they need to fill the void.

I should say that my opinions stated above were formed at a time when I used to visit MD, some years ago. I don't know what it's like now, but from this thread, Scratch is still there and trying to engage Dr. P.--Dr. P's presence also benefits their board and so it's no wonder Scratch continues to try to get his attention.

I, along with Dan, made a vow to stay away from that toxic place, and I have kept that vow for several weeks now. Life is much better without them.

However, as Dr. Scratch was attempting to pull me and Dan back into the firestorm, I have followed the thread he started over there for two or three days now. What is fascinating to me is that several of his cohorts originally made hay out of the fact that I had never denied having made the cited statement. Now that I have explicitly denied it, they simply ignore my denial and keep right on acting as though the quote is mine!

Of course, what they have always known I have done, whenever I was aware of them accusing me of it, is to deny that "Wheat" (or anyone else) was my sock puppet. (Not that there is anything, in the posts of "Wheat" that I have seen, that seems worthy of condemnation--in the post in question I think it is pretty obvious that he is making a joke about the long-standing "assault rifle" thing that Dr. Scratch has talked about for years.) As I noted above, the people at MDB have, over the years, falsely accused at least a dozen innocent posters of being my sock puppet. Usually all the poor poster has to do to merit this accusation is to say something, anything, that seems favorable towards me. And the label is never shed--except for the handful of posters originally tagged as Schryver sock puppets who ultimately turned out to be anti-Mormons! They are quickly exonerated of the charge and all is forgotten. :lol:

For the record--and as an explicit response to the continuing lies being perpetrated by the denizens of the bastion of "truth" affectionately known as the Great and Spacious Trailer Park--I have only posted there using two monikers: "William Schryver" (which I used until I disabled it when Dan Peterson and I first vowed to leave that place) and "Will Schryver" (under which name I registered after Dan started posting there again, and I yielded to the temptation to join him). Just a few days after Dan deleted his account, I then disabled my "Will Schryver" account and vowed, with Dan, to never again yield to the temptation to return in order to address their multiplicity of lies and misrepresentations.

As is the case with Dan (as far as I know), all of the posts I have ever made there are stamped with my own IRL identity--unlike the overwhelming majority of the anonymous posters there who do not have the courage to do so.

It will be interesting to see how long they will continue to attack us notwithstanding the fact that we refuse to participate there any more. They are a mob whose thirst for blood (metaphorically speaking) cannot be satiated.

Quote: However, as Dr. Scratch was attempting to pull me and Dan back into the firestorm, I have followed the thread he started over there for two or three days now. What is fascinating to me is that several of his cohorts originally made hay out of the fact that I had never denied having made the cited statement. Now that I have explicitly denied it, they simply ignore my denial and keep right on acting as though the quote is mine!

I read the thread you cite. Seems like most posters recognize the obvious: Dr. P's remarks were in jest--and your's were too(though Dr. P is given more leeway than you are; they are much harder on your motives, I'm afraid--you're a 'boogeyman' of sorts among some at MD). Too many on both sides of the debates are made 'an offender for a word' for seemingly benign comments made in jest or in thoughtless haste.

Scratch takes statements out of context often so it's no surprise he'd pull this one up and use it. He really wants you guys to post--however he has to induce you back. Frankly, your best hope is to resist the urge--as you are doing. If you do go back to posting, it won't change anything and it only strengthens his position at MD and his reputation among those who support and approve of Scratch's tactics. I think you realize after years of this that no matter what you say, no matter the denials, etc. you will be accused, tried and convicted regardless. While it's upsetting, there's nothing much you can do about it. However, what you can do is not give him any more fodder or attention or validation--by holding fast to your resolve to not post there.

And thanks, Kimberlyann, Blixa and Moksha for the kind thoughts. I've been much busier the last couple of years so I'm not able to give the boards much attention, but If I can develop a thicker skin, I'll participate again.

edited to add the quote which for some reason didn't show up when I posted--I must have done something wrong.

Should I be concerned about the private emails I have been receiving which offer me money if I agree to their terms? I am rather low on cash at the moment. I just don't want to get in over my head. I am allergic to cotton, so they are looking into an alternate material to clothe me in. Your advice would be greaty appreciated!.

Thanks,

jo

Archived