Seriously No Politics ×

Earth Transformed Into A Crystal

cdowis

DC 130:9 This earth, in its sanctified and immortal state, will be made like unto crystal and will be a Urim and Thummim to the inhabitants who dwell thereon, whereby all things pertaining to an inferior kingdom, or all kingdoms of a lower order, will be manifest to those who dwell on it; and this earth will be Christ’s.

Astronomers discover planet made of diamond Here

Just what this weird diamond world is actually like close up, however, is a mystery.

"In terms of what it would look like, I don't know I could even speculate," said Ben Stappers of the University of Manchester. "I don't imagine that a picture of a very shiny object is what we're looking at here."

DC 130:9 This earth, in its sanctified and immortal state, will be made like unto crystal and will be a Urim and Thummim to the inhabitants who dwell thereon, whereby all things pertaining to an inferior kingdom, or all kingdoms of a lower order, will be manifest to those who dwell on it; and this earth will be Christ’s.

Astronomers discover planet made of diamond Here

You might also want to add these observations from Malvin A. Ruderman, “Solid Stars,” Scientific American , 224/2 (February, 1971), 24-31,

Twinkle, twinkle, little star

How I wonder what you are,

Up above the world so high,

Like a diamond in the sky.

"Children have long been charmed by the notion that a star is a twinkling jewel

embedded in the black night sky. Their parents may smile indulgently, having

been taught that stars are really spheres of incandescent gas. During the past

decade, however, it has become apparent that in some cases the child's picture

is closer to the truth: the core of certain dense stars and the outer layer of

still denser ones are now believed to be solid matter. Some stars probably

consist mainly of carbon in exotic crystalline form. A parent would be a

spoilsport indeed if he refused to regard such an object as a twinkling

celestial diamond."

There was some sci fi story that had a massive diamond mountain on one of the satellites of one of the planets of this solar system. Now I'm going to stay up all night trying to remember enough of the story to do a search for the title and author.

Well that was easy, apparently diamond mountains aren't all that common as a plot twist:

http://tal.forum2.org/3001

Archived