Seriously No Politics ×

Civility And Respect

It would be nice if the Mods would at least notify a poster when and why they are being booted from a thread. Perhaps a PM or an e-mail, if the Mod doesn't want to clutter the thread.

It is rather frustrating to suddenly find that you not only can't post in a thread, but you can't even view it.

I agree it would be nice but it is also time consuming so it probably isn't going to happen. Sorry about that. I understand not being able to view the thread is an undesirable side effect of the new system. We don't like that either. Sorry about that too.

Newbies should read a while before jumping in. But they are newbies and shutting someone down because they appear to be confrontational just adds fuel to the argument that the TBMs are closed minded or touchy.

It isn't always fair (no pun intended) but in defending our faith and POV we are held to a higher standard than someone who is inquisitive - even if they appear to have an axe to grind.

Again my .02 and worth every penny you paid.

Exactly.

I agree it would be nice but it is also time consuming so it probably isn't going to happen. Sorry about that. I understand not being able to view the thread is an undesirable side effect of the new system. We don't like that either. Sorry about that too.

Can you view it if you sign out?

I think I mistook what the board was supposed to be when I first go here, but it's changed names since then.

I originally came here to get edified by highly intelligent LDS members on the mysteries of the faith. Delving into highly esoteric and meaningful uplifting conversation.

In my opinion, the board has gone downhill since the renaming and we have a large number of ... people that I wasn't expecting to have to deal with on the board.

Perhaps it is just time I call it quits and just stick to the FAIRLDS site or Maxwell Institute. I guess it should have been a hint when DCP stopped posting on a regular basis.

Sad to see this happen at all. Myself and a large group of awesome people spent nearly two hours in the chat last night and had a great time, everyone was respectful and courteous. We all enjoyed the chat. Or better known as the "Insomniac club". Even Skylla came in and was very pleasant.

I deny this. I was not pleasant.

Skylla

Can you view it if you sign out?

Yes, it seems the thread ban is tied to your user ID and not IP address.

Sad to see this happen at all. Myself and a large group of awesome people spent nearly two hours in the chat last night and had a great time, everyone was respectful and courteous. We all enjoyed the chat. Or better known as the "Insomniac club". Even Skylla came in and was very pleasant.

That was fun.

Mods, for some reason chat was telling me the limit was reached and wouldn't let me in. Is the limit a new thing? There were only 4 people in there, I think. It said I had to wait for someone to leave the room before I could enter.

I am obviously having a problem getting banned from threads and suspended. Doh! fool.gif

My mom would be sorely disappointed, I am sure, but since it looks like this thread is to discuss the "whys" on exactly what we did wrong in the eyes of the mods, I hope to be helped out a bit and then will be able to help out the mods by understanding the "whys" and avoid it in the future.

At the risk of being banned from this thread, the reason I am specifically asking is that my private messages have gone unanswered - I understand Nemesis is a little busy with the other website so I understand that, but in the messages, I stated that I understood why I was suspended for my Rob Bowman topic poll, but asked what were the reasons for being banned for comments that I have made? I received no responses so I am still confused what the reasoning was?

The most recent one is even more confusing.

This was a reply to Deborah who I love as a sister and admire her well thought out posts. Not sure if you took that I was mocking her or what? Any explanations? The "just in case" really doesn't give me the benefit of the doubt does it?

My posts are obviously being "flagged" from certain individuals who will remain nameless, but it isn't fun when I have to be made as the "example" just because someone has sensitive feelings or had a previous run in with. I understand I am a newer member and I am a little harsh with the critics, but let me help the mods by kinda letting me know what I am saying wrong? Or maybe a warning? I don't know??

I understand the moderators roles and respect their decisions either way. Sorry to take up your time, just sincerely wondering on this topic. Thanks

Your posts weren't flagged I just ran across them in a contentious thread and you are known as being "a little harsh" as you put it. That puts you in the moderator's spotlight before you even say anything. Making announcements about who shouldn't have temple recommends and other judgmentalism is never going to be tolerated here.

I deny this. I was not pleasant.

Skylla

Ah, but it was pleasant that you were nice to us even with the "Warning" you left us as a good Sheriff should do! Either way it was nice that you came in to check on our bed times and see that we weren't blowing the Curfew! L.

I think I mistook what the board was supposed to be when I first go here, but it's changed names since then.

I originally came here to get edified by highly intelligent LDS members on the mysteries of the faith. Delving into highly esoteric and meaningful uplifting conversation.

In my opinion, the board has gone downhill since the renaming and we have a large number of ... people that I wasn't expecting to have to deal with on the board.

Perhaps it is just time I call it quits and just stick to the FAIRLDS site or Maxwell Institute. I guess it should have been a hint when DCP stopped posting on a regular basis.

I know you just got repremanded but push away from the keyboard and take a few deep breaths before announcing your departure from the board.

Having departed for a period of approximately 4 years due to a long commute I don't notice much difference. DCP was never a frequent poster as much as a thoughtful one and the level of discourse is up to us. If you have a scholarly topic to discuss then by all means post it.

I tried to get into chat again and there was an error.

[#CSTART-0] There was an error connecting with the chat room. Please notify an administrator.

I know you just got repremanded but push away from the keyboard and take a few deep breaths before announcing your departure from the board.

Having departed for a period of approximately 4 years due to a long commute I don't notice much difference. DCP was never a frequent poster as much as a thoughtful one and the level of discourse is up to us. If you have a scholarly topic to discuss then by all means post it.

I'm not smart enough to be scholarly... that's why I was coming here to listen... after many hours pouring over FAIRLDS and Maxwell I.

That was fun.

Mods, for some reason chat was telling me the limit was reached and wouldn't let me in. Is the limit a new thing? There were only 4 people in there, I think. It said I had to wait for someone to leave the room before I could enter.

We figure that if we keep it under five you guys won't be able to organize a successful board mutiny. (I'm afraid you will have to get Nemesis' attention for board functioning issues)

I'm not smart enough to be scholarly...

Hahahaha! I identify with that remark.

Discussions go in cycles. I suspect the Mods are under a bit of pressure to keep a lid on things with other boards and critics trying to stir up a board war. I know they are human (and I have felt their wrath in the past for intemperate remarks).

Your posts weren't flagged I just ran across them in a contentious thread and you are known as being "a little harsh" as you put it. That puts you in the moderator's spotlight before you even say anything. Making announcements about who shouldn't have temple recommends and other judgmentalism is never going to be tolerated here.

I suggested last night bringing back all the banned members with a new and fresh "three strikes Rule" that way they know the jig is up after three warnings Don't see it more time consuming for the Moderators as they already know who most of the Problem Children were in the first place. New Board, new Rules another chance, I say!

what were the reasons for being banned for comments that I have made? I received no responses so I am still confused what the reasoning was?

This was a reply to Deborah who I love as a sister and admire her well thought out posts. Not sure if you took that I was mocking her or what?

I gave the benefit of the doubt and didn't take it as mocking me but rather a sarcastic statement about those who were nitpicking this subject. Maybe that was why. I think the problem is there have been a lot of snide remarks going back and forth and the mods were just trying to nip in the bud the burgeoning of a lot of negative remarks against posters.

I've certainly made my sarcastic comments but I try to edit stuff before I hit enter. Some things just get out and some are well-deserved but they don't necessarily move the discussion along.

We figure that if we keep it under five you guys won't be able to organize a successful board mutiny. (I'm afraid you will have to get Nemesis' attention for board functioning issues)

I believe opening up the Chat will give people a chance to get to know each other on a more personal level hence less contention on the threads. I think a lot more people would come in if they knew it was a neutral and fun environment.

Edited by CARPE DIEM

Hahahaha! I identify with that remark.

Discussions go in cycles. I suspect the Mods are under a bit of pressure to keep a lid on things with other boards and critics trying to stir up a board war. I know they are human (and I have felt their wrath in the past for intemperate remarks).

I don't do any of the other boards. I barely have the temperament to get along with my own kind.

I'm not politically correct. I'm almost socially acceptable, and I have little patience, and less sense most days.

I don't excuse it, but am not willing fix it either. I am an acquired taste, and we either get along or we don't.

We hope you stay, ELF.

BTW, Nemesis has kept this place on an even keel. The board will always be a reflection of its current posters but the number of people using it has remained constant even as people come and go.

I've certainly made my sarcastic comments but I try to edit stuff before I hit enter.

I think access to your full unedited sarcasm would be a guilty pleasure. I didn't take you as having a snarky bone in your body.

I suggested last night bringing back all the banned members with a new and fresh "three strikes Rule" that way they know the jig is up after three warnings Don't see it more time consuming for the Moderators as they already know who most of the Problem Children were in the first place. New Board, new Rules another chance, I say!

:shok:

I don't do any of the other boards. I barely have the temperament to get along with my own kind.

I'm not politically correct. I'm almost socially acceptable, and I have little patience, and less sense most days.

I don't excuse it, but am not willing fix it either. I am an acquired taste, and we either get along or we don't.

It wouldn't seem the same in here without you! I surprised at those who used to live in here are not here much anymore or at all. I don't know if they have died or just got something else going? Is there an obituary section in here somewhere?

I gave the benefit of the doubt and didn't take it as mocking me but rather a sarcastic statement about those who were nitpicking this subject.

Biiiiiiig mistake to think mods are dissecting pages and pages of posts to pick up on what is supposed to be serious and what is not. Better safe than sorry, use a smilie as a marker if it is meant to be funny but cutting sarcasm isn't funny and can be more destructive than anything.