Spirits

inquiringmind

Is man the only species of physical life with an immortal spirit?

The Book of Moses tells us that God created all things spiritually before he created the physically. Joseph Smith said that he expected to have his favorite horse with him in the Celestial kingdom.

Lehi

Does LDS scripture tell us how sprits are made (fashioned, or organized)?

We know that God organized us as spirits. Whether that means He also organized other parts of the creation from intelligences (or even if such intelligences exist or not) is unclear from scripture. I don't see anything that would indicate He did.

Lehi

One of my favorites... D&C 101, in part, sets forth the nature of life during the Millennium...

D&C 101:32:34

Yea, verily I say unto you, in that day when the Lord shall come, he shall reveal all things --

Things which have passed, and hidden things which no man knew, things of the earth, by which it was made, and the purpose and the end thereof --

Things most precious, things that are above, and things that are beneath, things that are in the earth, and upon the earth, and in heaven.

To me, this means that with all of our knowledge, and the theories of men and science, we still will never know all the answers to our questions until that day when the Savior will come and reveal all things...

We do not really know the process of how God created his spirit children... we are simply told in scripture that he did, and that we are his spirit children.

from the beach on a rainy April evening... sigh... GG

Archived