Transformation during a vision

zelder

I think I remember reading somewhere that Joseph Smith taught that during a vision the body must undergo a transformation and that angels can only be seen with spiritual eyes. Can someone help me out with the quote and source?

The book of Moses talks about the change that Moses had to go through to endure God's presence. I think people assume that the same must have happened with Joseph.

I think I remember reading somewhere that Joseph Smith taught that during a vision the body must undergo a transformation and that angels can only be seen with spiritual eyes. Can someone help me out with the quote and source?

Can't tell where he got it from but this could be useful:

Moses 1:11

But now mine own eyes have abeheld God; but not my bnatural, but my cspiritual eyes, for my dnatural eyes could not have ebeheld; for I should have fwithered and gdied in his presence; but his hglory was upon me; and I beheld his iface, for I was jtransfigured before him.

-----

The book of Moses talks about the change that Moses had to go through to endure God's presence. I think people assume that the same must have happened with Joseph.

Ninja'd =D.

I used to have this discussion with my seminary teacher. We couldn't figure out whether or not Jesus would have to be transfigured (while in his mortal state) in order to speak face to face with God.

That is certainly an interesting question. I wonder if Jesus ever did speak with his father face to face or if he had to walk by faith like the rest of us.

That is certainly an interesting question. I wonder if Jesus ever did speak with his father face to face or if he had to walk by faith like the rest of us.

The account of the transfiguration in the New Testament suggests that Jesus was transfigured. When He visited the Nephites, a similar event occurred, but that time all 12 of his disciples were also transfigured (See 3 Nephi 19). The "transformation" appears to be temporary, and is seen as a great light emanating from the face and person of the transfigured person. Moses was also transfigured on Mount Sinai in order to converse with God face to face (although some say that He actually spoke with Jehovah, but the glory is the same).

D&C 67: 11, "For no man has seen God at any time in the flesh, except quickened by the Spirit of God."

Archived