Michael Heiser on Mormons on Him

maklelan

Michael Heiser briefly addresses the propensity of some Latter-day Saints to quote him favorably, if inaccurately. I don't think I've ever seen a Latter-day Saint claim he espouses the idea that Yhwh had a distinct father, but it does not seem to me unlikely that those who have contacted him are doing so in misrepresentation (or misunderstanding) of my own comments (although Dr. Heiser's references to comments about Yhwh once being human, or about humans becoming gods don't align very well with what I've written on the subject).

Michael Heiser briefly addresses the propensity of some Latter-day Saints to quote him favorably, if inaccurately. I don't think I've ever seen a Latter-day Saint claim he espouses the idea that Yhwh had a distinct father, but it does not seem to me unlikely that those who have contacted him are doing so in misrepresentation (or misunderstanding) of my own comments (although Dr. Heiser's references to comments about Yhwh once being human, or about humans becoming gods don't align very well with what I've written on the subject).

After reading that blog post, all I could think was "Thank goodness CS Lewis is dead!"

I've seen a lot on the internet and I've never seen "Mormons" let alone one of them use him to claim God had a father. Those kinds of discussions rarely come up and if they do King Follett is more likely to be used. An example would be helpful....

Archived