maklelan Posted July 16, 2010 Posted July 16, 2010 Michael Heiser briefly addresses the propensity of some Latter-day Saints to quote him favorably, if inaccurately. I don't think I've ever seen a Latter-day Saint claim he espouses the idea that Yhwh had a distinct father, but it does not seem to me unlikely that those who have contacted him are doing so in misrepresentation (or misunderstanding) of my own comments (although Dr. Heiser's references to comments about Yhwh once being human, or about humans becoming gods don't align very well with what I've written on the subject).
cinepro Posted July 17, 2010 Posted July 17, 2010 Michael Heiser briefly addresses the propensity of some Latter-day Saints to quote him favorably, if inaccurately. I don't think I've ever seen a Latter-day Saint claim he espouses the idea that Yhwh had a distinct father, but it does not seem to me unlikely that those who have contacted him are doing so in misrepresentation (or misunderstanding) of my own comments (although Dr. Heiser's references to comments about Yhwh once being human, or about humans becoming gods don't align very well with what I've written on the subject).After reading that blog post, all I could think was "Thank goodness CS Lewis is dead!"
juliann Posted July 17, 2010 Posted July 17, 2010 I've seen a lot on the internet and I've never seen "Mormons" let alone one of them use him to claim God had a father. Those kinds of discussions rarely come up and if they do King Follett is more likely to be used. An example would be helpful....
maklelan Posted July 18, 2010 Author Posted July 18, 2010 I knew it wouldn't take long. Some CARMites have already pounced on the opportunity to ignorantly beat their chests.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.