The Gospel Principles Manual -- Then And Now

cksalmon

re: the caveat delimiting 1978 GP's authoritative status:

It's in the preface = 1

It's not in the preface = 4

Looks like the nots are prevailing.

Best.

CKS

It is an interesting little tidbit. I have MP lesson manuals dating back to about 1969, and I did a sampling of them (didn't want to have to go through them all), and none of them had the little caveat.

It's a noodle itcher as to why it was put in some of the 1978 manuals, but not all (maybe you have a manual that is akin to the promo-records that are sent out by labels ["For Promotional Use Only. Not For Sale"])

It is an interesting little tidbit. I have MP lesson manuals dating back to about 1969, and I did a sampling of them (didn't want to have to go through them all), and none of them had the little caveat.

It's a noodle itcher as to why it was put in some of the 1978 manuals, but not all (maybe you have a manual that is akin to the promo-records that are sent out by labels ["For Promotional Use Only. Not For Sale"])

Hey Doc--

I don't have a copy with that caveat in it. (My copy certainly doesn't have it.)

I read that tidbit in an "anti-Mormon" book and, once the quotation was challenged, I hoped to confirm or disconfirm its legitimacy. So far, the only one who claims to have seen the caveat in GP is the author of the book in question. :P

Best.

CKS

Hey Doc--

I don't have a copy with that caveat in it. (My copy certainly doesn't have it.)

I read that tidbit in an "anti-Mormon" book and, once the quotation was challenged, I hoped to confirm or disconfirm its legitimacy. So far, the only one who claims to have seen the caveat in GP is the author of the book in question. :P

Best.

CKS

Ahhh... evidently my reading comprehension skills are becoming worse with each passing moment.

Quel dommage

Edited to add:

When am I going to get a sneak preview of your research on LDS Christology?

Archived