Stargazer Posted Thursday at 12:13 PM Posted Thursday at 12:13 PM I imagine you're all aware of wingsuit flying. I love watching the videos of such flights, and thought I would share. This one's from a very daring flight done in the South Tyrol. He comes insanely close to trees, the ground, and stone castles. Amazing! I hope he continues to survive these adventures! 2
InCognitus Posted Thursday at 06:35 PM Posted Thursday at 06:35 PM 6 hours ago, Stargazer said: I imagine you're all aware of wingsuit flying. I love watching the videos of such flights, and thought I would share. This one's from a very daring flight done in the South Tyrol. He comes insanely close to trees, the ground, and stone castles. Amazing! I hope he continues to survive these adventures! I can understand the thrill of doing something like this, but it's also insane. Especially considering this recent news item in Utah that happened last Sunday morning: BASE jumper dies after wingsuit failure in Cache County I was recently given a drone as a gift of appreciation from the company I work for. I had never considered buying a drone myself, but I have really enjoyed it. I definitely prefer taking videos of high places from the safety of my RC controller screen instead of dropping from the sky myself. 1
Stargazer Posted Thursday at 08:00 PM Author Posted Thursday at 08:00 PM 1 hour ago, InCognitus said: I can understand the thrill of doing something like this, but it's also insane. Especially considering this recent news item in Utah that happened last Sunday morning: BASE jumper dies after wingsuit failure in Cache County Heard about that. Sad. Risky sport. He's not the first one, of course. And the video above had the wingsuiter passing between the tops of trees, close enough to almost pick a twig or two. Could just as well slammed into it. You wouldn't catch me doing these things! But people die on the roads every day. People die while parachuting. And while snow skiing. Car racing. Spelunking. One of my sons was severely injured while working as a roofer. 1 hour ago, InCognitus said: I was recently given a drone as a gift of appreciation from the company I work for. I had never considered buying a drone myself, but I have really enjoyed it. I definitely prefer taking videos of high places from the safety of my RC controller screen instead of dropping from the sky myself. What drone is it? I have a DJI Mini 2 that I have enjoyed immensely. Used it last week to check my roof for a possible missing tile. Here's a drone footage video that I put together from various flights in England.
InCognitus Posted Thursday at 09:35 PM Posted Thursday at 09:35 PM (edited) 1 hour ago, Stargazer said: What drone is it? I was given the DJI Avata 360 Fly More Combo. It's a lot of fun. I've taken some really fun videos, but I haven't prepared any for uploading to YouTube. I may do that at some point (probably after I retire, which may be in a few months). Awesome videos, by the way! Edited Thursday at 09:36 PM by InCognitus 1
Stargazer Posted Thursday at 10:12 PM Author Posted Thursday at 10:12 PM (edited) 39 minutes ago, InCognitus said: I was given the DJI Avata 360 Fly More Combo. It's a lot of fun. Well, now I'm jealous! That is an awesome piece of machinery! I'm more into cinematic stuff, so it's a bit more than I need, but it would definitely be fun. 39 minutes ago, InCognitus said: I've taken some really fun videos, but I haven't prepared any for uploading to YouTube. I may do that at some point (probably after I retire, which may be in a few months). If you do, make sure to post them here. 39 minutes ago, InCognitus said: Awesome videos, by the way! Thanks! Edited Thursday at 10:14 PM by Stargazer 1
InCognitus Posted Friday at 02:12 PM Posted Friday at 02:12 PM 15 hours ago, BRMC said: I'm a wingsuiter I have a question. How do you go about learning to do that? It seems like a situation where the mother bird pushes her chicks out of the nest and wishes the best for them as they fall to the ground Is there a way to train for the falling with wings part of the dive without killing yourself? 1
BRMC Posted 8 hours ago Posted 8 hours ago On 10/2/2026 at 10:12 AM, InCognitus said: I have a question. How do you go about learning to do that? It seems like a situation where the mother bird pushes her chicks out of the nest and wishes the best for them as they fall to the ground Is there a way to train for the falling with wings part of the dive without killing yourself? Absolutely. It depends on whether you want to BASE or Skydive. The most common progression, and the one I recommend, is to get your skydiving license. Get a few hundred jumps under your belt, then start wing suiting from planes. You'll start on a trainer suit and work your way up. While you're doing that, you can also start BASE jumping if that's your desire. There are a few "decent" instructors in the US. Bridge day is a good start, too. Once you're comfortable, and used to the bigger suits, throw yourself off something and hope for the best. The alternative, and safer option, is to flock out of planes. 2
InCognitus Posted 4 hours ago Posted 4 hours ago 3 hours ago, BRMC said: Absolutely. It depends on whether you want to BASE or Skydive. The most common progression, and the one I recommend, is to get your skydiving license. Get a few hundred jumps under your belt, then start wing suiting from planes. You'll start on a trainer suit and work your way up. While you're doing that, you can also start BASE jumping if that's your desire. There are a few "decent" instructors in the US. Bridge day is a good start, too. Thank you. By the way, I have no desire to do it, I was just curious about how someone could train to do it the way it is done in the opening post video. I understand why it would be exciting to do. 3 hours ago, BRMC said: The alternative, and safer option, is to flock out of planes. That way makes a lot more sense than what they did in the opening post video. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now