Seriously No Politics ×

I and the Holy Spirit

Bassil

In 2005 in Cairo, I asked the Holy Spirit to be my companion. I was desperate. Christianity didn't resonate with me back then; I was a hardcore atheist. It didn't take long before reality started to change, and the world became strange. The Holy Spirit has been with me since then. I've never recognized it as the Holy Spirit until a few months ago. At first, I thought it was a conspiracy against me. Later I thought aliens must be the ones messing with me. I joined alien groups; people I was mocking. I maintained to be an atheist until 2002. In this year 2023 I accepted that we are souls and that souls must exist. I became a spiritualist. In April 2023 I was shouting it's true Jesus is the way. The Holy Spirit showed my wonders during the past 18 years. I feel special. I feel lucky.

Very interesting.  Was it the New Testament where you learned about the Spirit and so asked him to be your companion or were you taught Christianity by a friend or someone else?  With the internet these days, you can explore so many faiths online, but it is quite different to talk in person or even just online with others.  It is good to have a community to share your faith with, even a small onr.

5 minutes ago, Calm said:

Was it the New Testament where you learned about the Spirit and so asked him to be your companion or were you taught Christianity by a friend or someone else?

I lived among Protestants in Egypt. I wasn't a believer though.