To Never Go Home Again...

I posted something about the Church and it's efforts elsewhere, but here the "human cost". 

Having been involved many times with the Church in relief operations, there is one inescapable reality. Looking at the flood, the devastating lose of personal and business property...some of these people will never go home again. When we went down for Katrina relief, there were homes that were a total loss, even if people had the will, they was just no way. Although I live just outside Atlanta we got hit twice in a decade, massive flooding, and area, even entire neighborhoods were never allow to rebuild because of flood stages. As I look at some of these towns that were already depressed areas economically, one of two things will happen. They will be reborn and rebuilt, or they will die.

Our hearts and prayers need to go out to those who will never go home again. Young people who will never attend the same school again with friends they were in school with four days ago. I grew up North of Atlanta, right next to a vary large lake, our low lying land was wonderful for farming and growing because of 1,000's of floods over 1,000's of years. The lake was man made because of all the flooding. Our property flooded a number of times while growing up, all but one flood just the land. 

For my entire Adult life, every home has been on the high ground, even when I did not think of it at the time. Our last home (where I am now) sits high upon a ridge, we can get serious winds, but no flood (other than Noah's) can reach me now. My worries are Tornadoes, never flooding, which two in the last three years have narrowly missed us. One however destroyed my large well house, one that I must rebuild before the first freeze. Living here as we do, even clod fronts come in ripping shingles off every fall. The winds come over the trees, and up the hill to our home, while our neighbors feel slight breezes. But, flooding such as we are seeing, can rob people of their homes and businesses for long periods of time, further economically depressing an area, until life never returns. Having worked in Inspections and Zoning, many local  Governments, will not allow certain homes to rebuild.

Let our prayers be for all, but especially to those who will never go home, friends, Ward members who will be somewhere else. New schools, new neighborhoods, new towns, new lives. May God give them the strength and Grace, to endure it well. 

48 minutes ago, Bill "Papa" Lee said:

...But, flooding such as we are seeing, can rob people of their homes and businesses for long periods of time...

Water ain't the only kind of flooding that does that.

Let our prayers be for all, but especially to those who will never go home....May God give them the strength and Grace, to endure it well

Please. :0)