Got through the wedding (Semi) OK, but something else; Can asking for prayer too much, be too much?

I was able to walk my daughter down the isle (is that how you spell that little word :)) with Alicia holding my left arm, with my right hand on the cane. All my children, spouses and grandchildren were there to show her, how much she is loved. All my grandbabies ran themselves silly on the dance floor as such, I thank all for the prayers, but something else has happened, that I could use help with, via prayers.

As I noted, Alicia had a great wedding, and is very happy with that day. However, she was laid off from work three days before the wedding. My son, Joshua was laid of from a six figure salary job the following day. My babyboy Caleb and his wife moved in 5 months ago with his Mom and I, for simular reasons. My oldest daughter Sonya and her husband, who is self employeed, have had to get help from Mom and Dad (Pam and I) and the Church for a number of months. 

My son (the oldest) was asked to consider a job that would keep him his salary. It would be a teaching position for the worldwide computer company, but it would either moving to Europe, or constant travel between. As a child he lived the first four years of life in Germany, while I was stationed there. It would be a wonderful opportunity for his wife and children, but that would have two of my grandkids (and him of course) away from Nanny and Papa. 

The prayers I ask for, are for the best outcome. As long as that outcome is keeping my grandbabies here, just kidding. :) 

it is frustrating, when they were young...we could just kiss their boo boos away. When monsters were in their closets, or at other times, I could just shoo them away. 

Whatever majic our kisses once had to heal their pains, can't fix this. Whatever courage and stature I once had to frighten away monsters, real or imagined, has been replaced by an old man. :( 

I wish that I could share pictures of the wedding with you guys...it was a good day. 

35 minutes ago, Bill "Papa" Lee said:

I was able to walk my daughter down the isle (is that how you spell that little word :)) with Alicia holding my left arm, with my right hand on the cane. All my children, spouses and grandchildren were there to show her, how much she is loved. All my grandbabies ran themselves silly on the dance floor as such, I thank all for the prayers, but something else has happened, that I could use help with, via prayers.

As I noted, Alicia had a great wedding, and is very happy with that day. However, she was laid off from work three days before the wedding. My son, Joshua was laid of from a six figure salary job the following day. My babyboy Caleb and his wife moved in 5 months ago with his Mom and I, for simular reasons. My oldest daughter Sonya and her husband, who is self employeed, have had to get help from Mom and Dad (Pam and I) and the Church for a number of months. 

My son (the oldest) was asked to consider a job that would keep him his salary. It would be a teaching position for the worldwide computer company, but it would either moving to Europe, or constant travel between. As a child he lived the first four years of life in Germany, while I was stationed there. It would be a wonderful opportunity for his wife and children, but that would have two of my grandkids (and him of course) away from Nanny and Papa. 

The prayers I ask for, are for the best outcome. As long as that outcome is keeping my grandbabies here, just kidding. :) 

it is frustrating, when they were young...we could just kiss their boo boos away. When monsters were in their closets, or at other times, I could just shoo them away. 

Whatever majic our kisses once had to heal their pains, can't fix this. Whatever courage and stature I once had to frighten away monsters, real or imagined, has been replaced by an old man. :( 

I wish that I could share pictures of the wedding with you guys...it was a good day. 

I know what you mean.  At 3/4 of a century mark living on social security the load is getting mighty heavy and I am not able to carry it any more.

May God give you the strength to carry the load.

1 hour ago, ERayR said:

I know what you mean.  At 3/4 of a century mark living on social security the load is getting mighty heavy and I am not able to carry it any more.

May God give you the strength to carry the load.

So true, and frightening.