Seriously No Politics ×

The gift of grace

16 hours ago, waveslider said:

Sorry if it seems I have moved the goal posts, what I meant by natural man was someone who just goes with the selfish desires as opposed to obeying the conscience that Christ has given to each of us.

Now it looks like you have given up your position totally and taken up mine.

Humbling ourselves as little children who want to obey their conscience is how we put off the natural man, as we attempt to repent each time we falter, allowing that mercy and grace from the infinite and eternal atonement, to be an active cleansing agent in our lives on a daily basis.

So what is our "nature"?  To always run after sin or grow spiritually and acquire more and more spiritual strength?

You have been implying that we have a sinful nature, now you are agreeing with me that we don't have to have a sinful nature.  You have successfully moved the goal posts to my side of the field.

3 hours ago, Vance said:

So what is our "nature"?  To always run after sin or grow spiritually and acquire more and more spiritual strength?

You have been implying that we have a sinful nature, now you are agreeing with me that we don't have to have a sinful nature.  You have successfully moved the goal posts to my side of the field.

I think you confuse the conscience/light of Christ as being the nature of mortal man, and don't seem to differentiate the difference between that, and our innate selfishness, which isn't the light of Christ, but is the nature of our fallen mortal state. One is what our spirit naturally wants. and the other is what our physical body naturally wants. In the context of, "the natural man is an enemy to God," it is referring to our fallen, mortal desires of selfishness. If we are actually in tune with our spirit we will put off the natural man and be drawn toward Christ's path to God. So if we find each other in agreement than perhaps it has only been a perceived movement of goal posts.