Ogden Missionary missing

JAHS

OGDEN — The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is asking for help to find a sister missionary who went missing Monday evening.
Heeji Nada Kang, 20, was “emotionally distressed” when she left her apartment in Ogden, according to church officials. They said they do not suspect foul play.
Kang is serving in the Utah Ogden Mission. She is originally from The Woodlands, Texas, which is near Houston.
The Ogden Police Department is actively involved in the investigation, and missionaries are helping to search for Kang. She reportedly left her apartment on foot.
“We pray she is safe and will be found quickly,” a statement from the church reads.
Anyone with information about Kang’s location can call detective Larry Lewis at 801-629-8438 or the Ogden Police Department dispatch at 801-395-8221.

LDS Church asks for help to find missing sister missionary

Edited by JAHS

Oh wow..I hope she is just taking a breather.  She looks like a sweet young lady and hope someone recognizes her soon.  I have a little family in Ogden..I will make sure they know.

4 hours ago, JAHS said:

OGDEN — The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is asking for help to find a sister missionary who went missing Monday evening.
Heeji Nada Kang, 20, was “emotionally distressed” when she left her apartment in Ogden, according to church officials. They said they do not suspect foul play.
Kang is serving in the Utah Ogden Mission. She is originally from The Woodlands, Texas, which is near Houston.
The Ogden Police Department is actively involved in the investigation, and missionaries are helping to search for Kang. She reportedly left her apartment on foot.
“We pray she is safe and will be found quickly,” a statement from the church reads.
Anyone with information about Kang’s location can call detective Larry Lewis at 801-629-8438 or the Ogden Police Department dispatch at 801-395-8221.

LDS Church asks for help to find missing sister missionary

Praying...we have a young man who was a inspiration to our Ward. He was very popular captian of his the football team, class President, etc. (The classic overachiever) Grew up under difficult circumstances, father was abusive in his younger years. The father rejected his membership in the Church, his older brother was in jail...btw his younger sister was just like him an example to all. He goes on his mission, which is a tribute to his mother, one of the most a Spiritual people you would ever want to meet. About a year into his mission he had a mental breakdown, which is common in early 20's for his condition. He started seeing things, and started hearing voices. So after he just walk off, just as this sister did...he was found by police and was sent home. He now roams the halls at Church Sunday's and Wednesday's talking to himself. When his behavior was more than his mother could deal with, our Stake President became his legal guardian. I hope this sister missionary is found soon and returned home so that she can get the help she needs. 

2 minutes ago, VideoGameJunkie said:

Glad she's okay, but she must be embarrassed that her picture and story was all over the national news. How do you live that down?

As far as nationally goes I don't think she needs to worry so much. It will be forgotten soon. Right now I don't even remember her name.
Of course her fellow missionaries and ward family back home will remember it and will hopefully provide love and support. 

One of the things that sometimes drives celebrities, deliberate conscious celebrites to depression is that "fame is fleeting". A minor story like this will fall off the radar within weeks. 

That's both a blessing and a bane. A blessing to the degree this yoing lady will put her notoriety behind her soon enough.

A bane insofar as she might well need long term emotional support and concern, which may sadly leak away with the passing of time. 

1 hour ago, flameburns623 said:

One of the things that sometimes drives celebrities, deliberate conscious celebrites to depression is that "fame is fleeting". A minor story like this will fall off the radar within weeks. 

That's both a blessing and a bane. A blessing to the degree this yoing lady will put her notoriety behind her soon enough.

A bane insofar as she might well need long term emotional support and concern, which may sadly leak away with the passing of time. 

That's how my female friend after she converted and was baptized. She felt when she was baptized everyone in the ward showed her attention and support, and then that went away when she became just another member lost in the fold, and now she's inactive. 

59 minutes ago, VideoGameJunkie said:

That's how my female friend after she converted and was baptized. She felt when she was baptized everyone in the ward showed her attention and support, and then that went away when she became just another member lost in the fold, and now she's inactive. 

Then the ward was not doing its job correctly by assigning home and visiting teachers who could follow up with her and visit her as needed.