Greater Knowledge of All Things

alemanrc

In 3 Nefi 26:9 its states - "And when they shall have received this, which is expedient that they should have first, to try their faith, and if it shall so be that they shall believe these things then shall the greater things be made manifest unto them".

During a discussion with a recently baptized members, he realized that having read the Book of Mormon sometimes doesn't suffice. It does suffice as far as a starting point for a new members, and that the real blessing come from actually to continuously read the Book of Mormon again and again. Doing so, the new member realized that their faith is challenge by the questions of "Are these things that you read being absorbed into your should" in order to fully become converted one day. 

It is difficult for a new member to realize the true meaning of being fully converted, and that more things will be revealed to them as their faith increases. As I have continued to read the Book of Mormon, I testify to you to take on the challenge of praying and asking of all these things within the book are true. You will continue to see yourself fully converted more than you have before.

17 hours ago, alemanrc said:

In 3 Nefi 26:9 its states - "And when they shall have received this, which is expedient that they should have first, to try their faith, and if it shall so be that they shall believe these things then shall the greater things be made manifest unto them".

During a discussion with a recently baptized members, he realized that having read the Book of Mormon sometimes doesn't suffice. It does suffice as far as a starting point for a new members, and that the real blessing come from actually to continuously read the Book of Mormon again and again. Doing so, the new member realized that their faith is challenge by the questions of "Are these things that you read being absorbed into your should" in order to fully become converted one day. 

It is difficult for a new member to realize the true meaning of being fully converted, and that more things will be revealed to them as their faith increases. As I have continued to read the Book of Mormon, I testify to you to take on the challenge of praying and asking of all these things within the book are true. You will continue to see yourself fully converted more than you have before.

Hello alemanrc...

I love the BofM  and read from it almost daily... and I agree blessings come from reading it again and again... but I also love to read the writings of LDS authors and appreciate the insights and knowledge... I would suggest that if there is a Deseret Book Store nearby, or even online, that this person take the opportunity to browse the various topics/titles... for new members some of my favorite authors are, of course, the apostles, as well as individuals such as Robert Millet and Joseph Fielding McConkie who co-authored numerous books on various gospel topics, Truman Madsen, Michael Ash, Sheri Dew, Victor L. Ludlow, the Religious Studies Center publications featuring numerous authors on a particular topic, etc and of course Hugh Nibley who is probably more suited to seasoned members vs new members.  Then, members who post here often cite the more academic authors from both inside and outside the Church.  My point is that while the Book of Mormon can increase our faith and speak to us in many different ways the more we study it, I am a firm believer in expanding our knowledge as new members by reading additional gospel centered materials.

GG