Boanerges Posted January 15, 2015 Author Posted January 15, 2015 (edited) Stake presidents having authority over bishops makes perfect sense. While there are bishops out there who were given their keys by General Authorities, the vast majority get them from the stake president. In order for the stake president to confer those keys, he must have them already. In out recent ward reorganization, the stake president made it clear that he had been authorized by the First Presidency in writing to call, sustain, ordain and set apart the new bishop. I recognize the First Presidency also holds the keys (because they hold all revealed keys), but stake presidents clearly hold all the keys a bishop holds as well. That said, I have never witnessed a stake president intervening as some have but I have heard them give strong advice before and as a high councilor advising a ward I have been authorized to talk to bishops on behalf of the stake president. Edited January 15, 2015 by Boanerges
Avatar4321 Posted January 15, 2015 Posted January 15, 2015 Maybe he was just working out.I'm going to have to be careful during my next work out. I didn't realize they could cause you to ha e surgery unaware. Who knows what I'll look like if I continue.
Recommended Posts