Not Following Board Rules.

seed

I have found a couple of persons on this board that are arrogant and condescending.  Do you think it is based on being LDS?

When debating topics, I have opinions and share them.  However I find some are falling back to making personal attacks on character.  I asked them to bring on the issues they had with my opinions.  But instead they decided it best to attack my character.

Why would they do that?   Assuming they are proper representatives of the LDS church?  I understand that it may be a troll or something; however moderator appears to support it/them.

I actually had a person tell me:

Hang onto your incorrect believes, and go way.

Take the beam out of your own eye.  (this speaks about me,  not the topic)

Your posts are quite juvenile. (This speaks about me, not the topic)

They even thought to tell me my pay grade is not high enough to be of consequence.  That point is the most silly if they new me.

I see the following in the board rules:

2. Be respectful of each other. This should be a matter of common sense, but we have a detailed list below of the kind of behavior that won't be tolerated.

• Mocking each others' beliefs
  • Judging others
  • Personal attacks. You may dispute a member's opinion, but you may not label them for having that opinion.

Moderators don’t seem to care after bring to there attention so I must assume this is really the proper behavior for LDS or that the id doing it is the Moderator.

It important to me because I have someone I love who won’t step into a ward because of the similar behavior, I was surprised to see it again, but perhaps it is just accepted as part of the culture.  This is a serious issue; it looks like it happens all over and as a church is just allow it or even endorsed (at least passively)

what say ye ?

It is against the rules to start a thread complaining about other posters. Use the report button.

So you encountered some rude behavior on the internet, and you are asking if it is "based on being LDS"?  More likely it is based on being human.  You also ask if (or proclaim that?) the LDS Church in particular endorses such behavior.  Humans everywhere in every organization "endorse" such behavior at times.  The Church denounces such behavior.

FYI: No one here is an official representative of any given world religion.

Just report each incident and move on, I would say. 

So you encountered some rude behavior on the internet, and you are asking if it is "based on being LDS"?  More likely it is based on being human.  You also ask if (or proclaim that?) the LDS Church in particular endorses such behavior.  Humans everywhere in every organization "endorse" such behavior at times.  The Church denounces such behavior.

FYI: No one here is an official representative of any given world religion.

Just report each incident and move on, I would say. 

Your right of course.  Thanks for confirming that it is a non Church endorsed behavior and that a person doing such would not be endorsed. 

I assumed this tiny section of the internet is funded by and organized by LDS.  If there isn't such a connection,  then I would completely retract this topic.   

You can report bad behavior by clicking on the report button.  I have found that the moderators here do not tolerate personal attacks and individuals will be blocked relatively quickly from further participating on the thread.

It would be wise not to assume that one Mormon's actions are representative of all Mormons.  I cringe at some comments I read at times; I am also the author of rather sharp rebukes at times.  

The challenge with this type of media is that we are anonymous and yet we often will take things personally.  There is not reason to take anything personal here because no one knows you and are incapable of making any degree of personal judgment. In complete ignorance of you as an individual; it is impossible to be "personal".