Jump to content
Seriously No Politics ×

My Logical Opposition To Our Policies With Homosexuality


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

So ... you base your beliefs in this regard on no proof and not much evidence

No I just don't have the time or the interest to answer or to prepare a lengthy response to your long list. I don't think it will make much difference for you. Do you?

Edited by Teancum
Posted

I will pass. I have read argument on both sides of the issue.  Neither seem conclusive.

 

 

So ... you base your beliefs in this regard on no proof and not much evidence

 

Speaking of no proof -- http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2014/04/10/3425146/utah-regnerus/

Posted

You are quite right. But even so a Celestial being will not have any desires contrary to the law of a Celestial Kingdom, whatever his feelings may be in this life.

 

I just have to compliment Deborah on a particular point.  I have seen few things cause strong members to alter the strength of their testimony on a point of doctrine such as SSA than to have a child who acknowledges that they are so inclined. For some reason the most ardent against quite often flip and become condemnatory of the church and its stance.

 

What Deborah has done is love her child with all of her heart and seemingly to maturely interact with her daughter and her significant other with respect yet still recognize they are in violation of the laws of celestial glory.  Some may think that the choice of practicing SSA or sacrificing their membership is a weighty and difficult decision and surely it is.  However, imagine being the true believing parent who recognizes that if things do not change for the child, in the eternities their relationship is forever different than it might have been.  For myself I feel to acknowledge the suffering and tears of sadness that might accompany such a realization. Of course I presume it has had its moments of suffering for Deborah and perhaps in this instance I am wrong, but I know for many it would be deeply sorrowful, intensely painful reality to accept.   

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...