Original Mormonism Vs Cultural Mormonism

EllenMaksoud

After the events of the last months, I now understand that there is a difference between what Heavenly Father's Mormon Church and "cultural mormonsim".  I had to come to the same realization about Islam and had to separate the two. I am taking a step back now.

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely agree.  It is a very interesting phenomenon and definitely is one more testing of our faith.

I really appreciated a book called, "Why The Church Is As True As The Gospel" by Eugene England.  Basically, he talks about how the weaknesses of the people in the church is a refiner's fire that the Lord uses to purify His people...that we learn how to truly follow Him and look to Him in everything when we face the challenges of dealing with imperfect fellow church members.

• 3 weeks later...

After the events of the last months, I now understand that there is a difference between what Heavenly Father's Mormon Church and "cultural mormonsim".  I had to come to the same realization about Islam and had to separate the two. I am taking a step back now.

I suspect that if the past elders and presidents (the ones with the beards) were to come

and visit a local ward one Sunday, the newer 'cultural' Mormons may want them to shave.

Regards,

Jim