thesometimesaint Posted September 14, 2013 Posted September 14, 2013 Im not saying to blab your most intimate details over a public address. Most people are more interested in their own problems than in someone elses anyway. Plus there are those that will miss use that informtion for their own ends. But a trusted friend or trained professional can be a life saver. I don't know whether it is a blessing or a curse in my life that I've always been empathic(Not in the paranormal or sci-fi sense of the word), but I've always been sensitive to the emotions of others. Maybe that is why I went into social Work.
Tacenda Posted September 16, 2013 Posted September 16, 2013 http://www.juvenileinstructor.org/from-the-archives-joseph-smith-or-the-sword/ “If the people let us alone, we will preach the gospel in peace. But if they come on us to molest us, we will establish our religion with the sword. We will trample down our enemies and make it one gore of blood…from the Rocky Mountains to the Atlantic Ocean. I will be to this generation a 2nd Muhammad, whose motto in treating for peace was ‘the Al-Qur’an or the sword.’ So shall it be with us — ‘Joseph Smith or the sword!’ (See History of the Church, Vol. 3, p. 167).” Was this statement taken out of context? Any history buffs know what the story behind it is?
thesometimesaint Posted September 16, 2013 Posted September 16, 2013 Yes. We are under no commandment to be the punching bag for someone else's violence. We will never be the aggressor, but we will defend ourselves.
Recommended Posts