bcuzbcuz Posted March 19, 2013 Posted March 19, 2013 (edited) Quite simple really, nowhere on the earth do we see shallow seas depositing relatively uniform thick layers of sediment over millions of acres.Salt Lake??? Each Spring? Bonneville Flats? Speed records. Ring any bells? Edited March 19, 2013 by bcuzbcuz
changed Posted March 19, 2013 Author Posted March 19, 2013 (edited) I think we do.dead sea? all rivers run to the sea, and all rivers carry sediment.this is natural:it's from a different place though.http://visitingparad...-indonesia.htmlLOL. well this thread is off topic. Edited March 19, 2013 by changed
Stone holm Posted March 19, 2013 Posted March 19, 2013 dead sea? all rivers run to the sea, and all rivers carry sediment.this is natural:it's from a different place though.http://visitingparad...-indonesia.htmlLOL. well this thread is off topic.Yeah but it is producing wonderful photos and access to songs I haven't heard in years....
Questing Beast Posted March 19, 2013 Posted March 19, 2013 Ahhh.. so you do believe that mankind is special -- and not an just part of nature!Ma Nature does not often find us working in harmony with "her". It is we who see ourselves as distinct from the rest of Nature, and at odds with it. So yes, I do not consider piled stones in Iceland or Ireland to be evidence of odd yet natural geological phenomena....
Questing Beast Posted March 19, 2013 Posted March 19, 2013 I accidentally gave you a rep point, but Icelandic elves are more closely related to Norse elves than they are to an Daoine Sidhe from Eire.Yes of course, but Irish monks were already on Iceland when the first Norse arrived....
CASteinman Posted March 19, 2013 Posted March 19, 2013 Ma Nature does not often find us working in harmony with "her". It is we who see ourselves as distinct from the rest of Nature, and at odds with it. So yes, I do not consider piled stones in Iceland or Ireland to be evidence of odd yet natural geological phenomena....But are they formed by nature? Or is man supernatural?
CASteinman Posted March 19, 2013 Posted March 19, 2013 Yes of course, but Irish monks were already on Iceland when the first Norse arrived....Eventually, under the gospel, all nationalities will cease. Then the Elves will be one -- as foretold.
Stone holm Posted March 19, 2013 Posted March 19, 2013 Eventually, under the gospel, all nationalities will cease. Then the Elves will be one -- as foretold.I thought that elves would be something like the djinn in the Islamic traditions and they would just kind of poof disappear at the end of times.
Rob Osborn Posted March 19, 2013 Posted March 19, 2013 (edited) I think we do.Namely? Please show picture of underwater layer that is same sediment thickness over hundreds of miles apart to pass test. Edited March 19, 2013 by Rob Osborn
CASteinman Posted March 19, 2013 Posted March 19, 2013 Namely? Please show picture of underwater layer that is same sediment thickness over hundreds of miles apart to pass test.I do not have access to such things. Its not like such pictures are widely published. They are boring. But there are core samples taken all over the ocean floors showing many many feet of layers of soft sediments.
CASteinman Posted March 19, 2013 Posted March 19, 2013 I thought that elves would be something like the djinn in the Islamic traditions and they would just kind of poof disappear at the end of times.Whew. God loves all of his creations. I don't think he is going to just destroy them like that......
Stone holm Posted March 20, 2013 Posted March 20, 2013 Whew. God loves all of his creations. I don't think he is going to just destroy them like that......So you think the djinn have a chance as well? Wow...I always wanted to meet a Genie!
Nathair/|\ Posted March 20, 2013 Posted March 20, 2013 I don't know much about the djinn, but the sidhe (Irish fae), the elves (Norse/Saxon fae), the Kitsune (Japanese fox fae), the Little Earths (Salish fae), the domovoi (Russian fae) and all the others I know of will be vital to fulfilling the environmental and agricultural promises concerning the millennium. (Faerie is the proper word for "fairyland." Fae or fay refers to the denizens thereof.)Yours under the haunted oaksNathair /|\
Rob Osborn Posted March 20, 2013 Posted March 20, 2013 (edited) I do not have access to such things. Its not like such pictures are widely published. They are boring. But there are core samples taken all over the ocean floors showing many many feet of layers of soft sediments.I doubt any pictures exist to be honest. The core samples dont prove uniform layers. The ocean floor is uneven with uneven sediment layers which is not what we see in the GC. Edited March 20, 2013 by Rob Osborn
CASteinman Posted March 20, 2013 Posted March 20, 2013 I doubt any pictures exist to be honest. The core samples dont prove uniform layers. The ocean floor is uneven with uneven sediment layers which is not what we see in the GC.Take a look at this picture from the seafloor and see the very long stretches of uniformity.http://www.rice.edu/ricemagazine/2009/2009_Issue4/images/Student/Voyage.jpg
kenporay Posted March 20, 2013 Posted March 20, 2013 If you want to believe the universe randomly visits death and destruction upon us thats cool. No, wait..it visits death on everyone.But if someone tries to blame deity, well, atheists just get all upset and say we cant be blaming deity. How nice for them to come to gods defense.Whew. God loves all of his creations. I don't think he is going to just destroy them like that......
CASteinman Posted March 20, 2013 Posted March 20, 2013 If you want to believe the universe randomly visits death and destruction upon us thats cool. No, wait..it visits death on everyone.But if someone tries to blame deity, well, atheists just get all upset and say we cant be blaming deity. How nice for them to come to gods defense.Honestly I have no idea what you are trying to say. I recognize the words as English and the phrases have semantic meaning, but the overall gist of what you have typed is entirely lost to me. I read it three times and gave up.
theplains Posted March 20, 2013 Posted March 20, 2013 I just think that the temple doesn't necessarily focus on individual salvation, but on the salvation and exaltation of man and woman together. If the ark is symbolic of the temple, and the animals went in by two (with the exception of birds and clean animals, which were probably used for food because there were more), I think that it is symbolic of men and women entering the temple together to be saved to together, not separately.If the pair of 'unclean' animals is analogous to the 'temple-worthy' man and woman, whatdo the 7 pairs of 'clean' animals represent?Unclean here does not mean unworthy, because obviously they were worthy of salvation from the flood.Here are some passages in the Doctrine and Covenants:94:8-9 - And ye shall not suffer any unclean thing to come in unto it; and my glory shallbe there, and my presence shall be there. But if there shall come into it any uncleanthing, my glory shall not be there; and my presence shall not come into it.97:15 - And inasmuch as my people build a house unto me in the name of the Lord, anddo not suffer any unclean thing to come into it, that it be not defiled, my glory shall restupon it;109:20 - And that no unclean thing shall be permitted to come into thy house to polluteit;Do you still follow the premise that a pair of unclean animals represents a temple-goingmale and female? From the standpoint of the Mosaic Law, what do believe the clean andunclean animals represent?Thanks,Jim
kenporay Posted March 20, 2013 Posted March 20, 2013 Honestly I have no idea what you are trying to say. I recognize the words as English and the phrases have semantic meaning, but the overall gist of what you have typed is entirely lost to me. I read it three times and gave up.It's simple, it's plain and it's over your head.
CASteinman Posted March 20, 2013 Posted March 20, 2013 It's simple, it's plain and it's over your head.I was not trying to be insulting. I did not understand. Are you able to express yourself more clearly?
bcuzbcuz Posted March 20, 2013 Posted March 20, 2013 Namely? Please show picture of underwater layer that is same sediment thickness over hundreds of miles apart to pass test.You really must get out more often. I mentioned the salt flats of Bonneville earlier but you obviously didn't catch my reference. Anywhere there is repeated flooding, such as the Salt Lake flatlands outside Salt Lake City, the salt flats in Nevada, the salt flats in Bolivia, the salt flats outside La Seerena in Chile, or outside Tozeur in Tunisia or the salt flats outside Aveiro in Portugal, you will find repeated layering of deposits, year after year. If you go to the Wieliczka salt mine in Poland and go down 200 feet underground, you will find similar salt layers, just very much older.Each of these references show layered, repeated deposits, covering vast areas of land.Please try to look these up before you once again repeat your question. I really can't help you if you refuse to do your part.
Stone holm Posted March 20, 2013 Posted March 20, 2013 I don't know much about the djinn, but the sidhe (Irish fae), the elves (Norse/Saxon fae), the Kitsune (Japanese fox fae), the Little Earths (Salish fae), the domovoi (Russian fae) and all the others I know of will be vital to fulfilling the environmental and agricultural promises concerning the millennium. (Faerie is the proper word for "fairyland." Fae or fay refers to the denizens thereof.)Yours under the haunted oaksNathair /|\ Cool where in the Journal of Discourses did you find that, or was it something that Bruce R McConkie wrote in Mormon Doctrine?
Rob Osborn Posted March 20, 2013 Posted March 20, 2013 Take a look at this picture from the seafloor and see the very long stretches of uniformity.http://www.rice.edu/ricemagazine/2009/2009_Issue4/images/Student/Voyage.jpgWas the seafloor flat in all the areas they took samples? Were all the samples taken at the same uniform level from a measurement from top of ocean?
Rob Osborn Posted March 20, 2013 Posted March 20, 2013 You really must get out more often. I mentioned the salt flats of Bonneville earlier but you obviously didn't catch my reference. Anywhere there is repeated flooding, such as the Salt Lake flatlands outside Salt Lake City, the salt flats in Nevada, the salt flats in Bolivia, the salt flats outside La Seerena in Chile, or outside Tozeur in Tunisia or the salt flats outside Aveiro in Portugal, you will find repeated layering of deposits, year after year. If you go to the Wieliczka salt mine in Poland and go down 200 feet underground, you will find similar salt layers, just very much older.Each of these references show layered, repeated deposits, covering vast areas of land.Please try to look these up before you once again repeat your question. I really can't help you if you refuse to do your part.Remains of an ancient lake are supposed to represent what is seen in the geologic column? Not sure I understand.
CASteinman Posted March 20, 2013 Posted March 20, 2013 Was the seafloor flat in all the areas they took samples? Were all the samples taken at the same uniform level from a measurement from top of ocean?Moving goalpost.
Recommended Posts