Uk And Wales Lds Churches

EllenMaksoud

I am intending to travel to Wales and other parts of the UK to visit author friends and would like to attend church on Sundays. Most of my author friends think I am a bit loopy for even being religous but we have an agreement that Sundays are very important to me.

I've tried several times to establish some sort of contact with the LDS there without much success. I'll be at Pyle, Wales for a time and then elsewhere. Can someone offer some guideance?

Much peace

Ellen

I am intending to travel to Wales and other parts of the UK to visit author friends and would like to attend church on Sundays. Most of my author friends think I am a bit loopy for even being religous but we have an agreement that Sundays are very important to me.

I've tried several times to establish some sort of contact with the LDS there without much success. I'll be at Pyle, Wales for a time and then elsewhere. Can someone offer some guideance?

Much peace

Ellen

I was in UK for a time, you will love it. Don't worry about those who see different as strange, we are all on a learning curve. Sooner of later we begin to see the soul and not the "outward being" as Christ said we do. Have a great trip.

I was in UK for a time, you will love it. Don't worry about those who see different as strange, we are all on a learning curve. Sooner of later we begin to see the soul and not the "outward being" as Christ said we do. Have a great trip.

Thank You. I am not worried about being different. Having been to Honduras, Kenya, Israel and Thailand, I am used to being different. :)

The church is very strong in South Wales. A whole lot of Mormon heritage comes from the Welsh valleys. 1000s of saints in the 1800s left Wales and travelled to USA to join the treck west.

The nearest Ward to Pyle is about 15-20 minutes drive away in Bridgend (10am meetings):

http://www.lds.org/rcmaps/#ll=51.551071,-3.590715&z=10&m=google.road&q=pyle, wales&x=find&find={c:"Pyle",p:"CF33",s:"Bridgend",n:"GB",ll:"51.528763,-3.693158"}

You can search on that map for any area of the world for congregations.

Enjoy the UK, my homeland when I'm not an ex-pat. Enjoy yourself :)