blooit Posted June 3, 2012 Posted June 3, 2012 I attended Berean Baptist with Pastor Todd. Great service. What a great experience for my family. I'm thinking we'll choose a different congregation each month or two to attend. I feel like it gives my children a better understanding and respect for those around them.My kids even made it through sacrament meeting after attended services at Berean.
Buzzard Posted June 3, 2012 Posted June 3, 2012 Interesting that your post about this over on Cougarboard.com generated more responses than on this religion board...
blooit Posted June 4, 2012 Author Posted June 4, 2012 But this one will last longer. I think there is more religious discussion there, but much more one sided. MD&D takes more of a "let me think about this for a while" approach, while CB is much more for one-liner-specialists.
Anakin7 Posted June 4, 2012 Posted June 4, 2012 I Love Baptists ! [ I used to be one some time ago ]. In His Debt/Grace Anakin7 LDS JEDI KNIGHT
DBMormon Posted June 4, 2012 Posted June 4, 2012 Is this just an effort to allow your family to see the faith of others or are you trying to learn something more from this? What was your original purpose in beginning this kind of endeavor? Is this the first church you did this with? How has your family responded?
blooit Posted June 4, 2012 Author Posted June 4, 2012 My parents raised me being open to attending other churches. I've attended several times with my children or on my own. I am not searching, but I am trying to learn. The better I understand my fellow christians, the better I can interact with them and serve them. I also don't want my kids to be members out of isolation. I want them to know exactly why they are what they are. Pastor Todd spends a lot of time learning about us and that it improves his dialogue with Mormons. I agree.Thats the short of it anyway. 2
Libs Posted June 4, 2012 Posted June 4, 2012 Sounds great, to me, blooit. I think children should be exposed (in a positive way) to other religions.I grew up in, and was baptized in, a Baptist Church. Wouldn't be my choice, today, but I do have some fond memories of it. We had a great Pastor, who was very good at including the kids in the worship service. He would do magic tricks to try and help explain some of the gospel (like Jesus turning our black sins to white). He did that somehow with water and a knowledge of chemistry. As a kid, I was amazed.
DBMormon Posted June 4, 2012 Posted June 4, 2012 I agree sounds like something more of us should consider
Recommended Posts