Need Help From Google Searchers

I've been toying with the idea of sailing up the Mississippi River to the Missouri River to Independence, Mo. I can't seem to find the maximum air draft allowable. On the AICW (Atlantic Intracoastal Waterway)it's 65 feet. We have an air draft of 59 feet. Our water draft is 6 feet 9 inches.

I just don't seem to be good at Google searches, I have found there is supposed to be a navigable channel 300 feet wide by 9 feet deep all the way up to Sioux City, but no air draft specs. If any of you have the time to help me search I would appreciate it. Thanks!

I've been toying with the idea of sailing up the Mississippi River to the Missouri River to Independence, Mo. I can't seem to find the maximum air draft allowable. On the AICW (Atlantic Intracoastal Waterway)it's 65 feet. We have an air draft of 59 feet. Our water draft is 6 feet 9 inches.

I just don't seem to be good at Google searches, I have found there is supposed to be a navigable channel 300 feet wide by 9 feet deep all the way up to Sioux City, but no air draft specs. If any of you have the time to help me search I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Try this, down toward bottom: http://www.raincii.c...cations_usa.htm

Maximum air draft - 55 feet minus river stage at Carrolton gauge, New Orleans, Louisiana.

I typed in "air draft specs mississippi river" and got several hits. Hope this helps

Edited by ERayR

Wow, I just read D&C 61 about the curse on the waters of the Missouri River. Maybe we ought not try to go up, especially since my mast is 4 feet too tall. it's not a big problem, you just hang some weight off the boom and heel her over but I guess the curse is still in effect.

Edited by rodheadlee