Liberalism

Log

I found this post enlightening on so many levels, I thought I'd share it.

Jonathan Haidt has shown that most liberals are simply people who only care about care/harm and fairness, while discounting loyalty, respect for authority, and purity/sanctity. For liberals there are no transcendent moral values, only utility and fairness.

Furthermore, other scholars have found that most people tend to rely less on those latter three moral foundations when they are comfortable and safe. Which means that liberalism is the natural and spontaneous result of living in a safe and prosperous society.

Haidt has also found that liberals can’t even understand loyalty, respect for authority and purity/sanctity. So they tend to think their political opponents are just being massive [diminutive Richards].

Liberalism is everywhere and it tends to take more or less the same form in every place it’s found.

This explains so much of American history and its current cultural crises it's just not even funny - it even throws light upon the Book of Mormon's historical cycles.

What do you think of this?

Edited by Log

I found this post enlightening on so many levels, I thought I'd share it.

This explains so much of American history and its current cultural crises it's just not even funny - it even throws light upon the Book of Mormon's historical cycles.

What do you think of this?

I think you have failed to show a connection between the personal opinion of an unsourced author and any accompany research the unsource author attributes to Haidt. I think you have created an entirely, wholely, and solely political thread. Lastly, I think you have failed, and quite curiously, did not show any connection to the Book Of Mormon.