Jesus

John 10:30-38

30I and my Father are one.

31Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.

32Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?

33The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

34Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

35If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

36Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

37If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.

38But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.

Jesus specifically said He and the Father are one. the greek word one in this context is translated to mean in nature and essence, perfections, and particularly in power.

so i guess my question is i dont really understand how the greek word "hen" which is one when Jesus says "I and the Father are one" can be interpreted differently than what is plainly said?

not trying to start arguement merly a discussion.

This is the social hall which makes this thread inappropriate for this section. The purpose of you not being able to start threads in the main discussion is so that you can get a better feel from the board and learn the topics and the different posters. You can freely post in topics already started in the main discussion board.

Nemesis