Seriously No Politics ×

The Logistics Of A Mormon President? How Will He Attend…

Bill “Papa” Lee

How will he attend…

Sacrament; since congregations are small and his presence would be “BIG” distraction.

Temple; could you even allow the President to completely unplug for hours? Would it have to be shut down for him and could have a secession with armed men about you?

Conference; without the world losing their lunch in anger? I assure you the protest would go from 100’ to 1,000’s.

Not speaking of Romney but anyone who ever does…

I am not sure I have read anything about this…I would imagine most Sacrament meetings will be alone with his family. He may not ever get to go to the Temple for 8 years.

Am I missing anything? Without a doubt he will get a pass on Home Teaching. Makes me want to run myself.

Could I be your VP running mate? The VP would have similar Home Teaching difficulties right...hope, hope, hope...? :crazy:

"The Vice Presidency isn't worth a pitcher of warm p***." — John Nance Garner, VP under FDR (before Truman, obviously), speaking to Lyndon Johnson..

Unless the president assigns him some function, the only thing he needs to do is wait for the president to die and, from time to time (so people don't forget his name), preside over the Senate without voting "unless they be equally divided."

Lehi

"The Vice Presidency isn't worth a pitcher of warm p***." — John Nance Garner, VP.

Unless the president assigns him some function, the only thing he needs to do is wait for the president to die and, from time to time (so people don't forget his name), preside over the Senate without voting "unless they be equally divided."

Lehi

Oh. So, the VP still has to do Home Teaching? Well....that settles it then--it wouldn't be worth it otherwise. Sorry, Pa Pa...you're on your own.

Oh. So, the VP still has to do Home Teaching? Well....that settles it then--it wouldn't be worth it otherwise. Sorry, Pa Pa...you're on your own.

Well, I dunno...he gets paid $230,000/year for doing nothing (and that does not include a lot of other "compensation"). I'd take the job.

And, who knows, he may be assigned to his Secret Service detail's families. We had a Secret Service Agent in our ward for a while. He didn't get presidential protection duty often, but he did a couple of times, as I recall.

Lehi

If you use the meetinghouse locator, the White House is in the Chevy Chase 3rd Ward. With the entourage he will bring just think of the budget allocation they will have! From what I understand, on the campaign trail, he usually attends whatever ward is closest to his hotel and has been pretty unobtrusive. "Hi, I'm Mitt from Boston and I'm glad to be visiting today", when visitors are recognized in Sunday School.

As to temple attendance, my bet is that we will never know when he is attending the temple, they will set up special sessions just for him, and it will be "personal time" on his published schedule.

Eight years without attending the Temple? The presidency may be worth more than a pitcher of warm, eh, spit, I believe we've heard it euphemized, but it's not worth that much.

I suppose they could assign LDS Secret Service agents when he goes to the Temple, and have one or more agents (not necessarily Saints) guard the entrance in addition to the Recommend desk brethren.

But that might not make it easy for the patron agents to be attentive, although I guarantee they'd be alert.

I wonder if they'd be allowed to carry in the ordinance rooms.

Lehi

On another note, how would him bearing his testimony be covered in the national media. If he just got up and shared his conviction of Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon, it would set the head of whatever MSNBC reporter was assigned to follow him spinning while green bile spewed out.

On another note, how would him bearing his testimony be covered in the national media. If he just got up and shared his conviction of Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon, it would set the head of whatever MSNBC reporter was assigned to follow him spinning while green bile spewed out.

Were he to limit his testimony to Christ and the Gospel, perhaps the scriptures (specifically, the Bible), he might get away with it.

On the other hand, I know a lot of people who have not born their testimonies in decades, so he might not feel the need to do so at all.

Lehi

How will he attend…

Sacrament; since congregations are small and his presence would be “BIG” distraction.

Temple; could you even allow the President to completely unplug for hours? Would it have to be shut down for him and could have a secession with armed men about you?

Conference; without the world losing their lunch in anger? I assure you the protest would go from 100’ to 1,000’s.

Not speaking of Romney but anyone who ever does…

I am not sure I have read anything about this…I would imagine most Sacrament meetings will be alone with his family. He may not ever get to go to the Temple for 8 years.

Am I missing anything? Without a doubt he will get a pass on Home Teaching. Makes me want to run myself.

I just though...No spits with Missionaries.

No chapel cleaning duties.

Eight years without attending the Temple? The presidency may be worth more than a pitcher of warm, eh, spit, I believe we've heard it euphemized, but it's not worth that much.

I suppose they could assign LDS Secret Service agents when he goes to the Temple, and have one or more agents (not necessarily Saints) guard the entrance in addition to the Recommend desk brethren.

But that might not make it easy for the patron agents to be attentive, although I guarantee they'd be alert.

I wonder if they'd be allowed to carry in the ordinance rooms.

Lehi

I dont think they would have to carry as long as they made sure no one else was. Can you imagine... Screening just like the airports before you go into the temple "I'm sorry your temple bag won't fit in the screener, you are going to have to check it"

that would violate the no cameras in the chapel rule.
Can you imagine... Screening just like the airports before you go into the temple "I'm sorry your temple bag won't fit in the screener, you are going to have to check it"

I believe hope this would not fly. Brother Romney would not allow it; I'm sure he'd sacrifice his own Temple attendance before subjecting so many other Saints to this harassment.

I have thought about this many times, and have not come up with a solution.

Lehi

that would violate the no cameras in the chapel rule.

Others have before this. And carrying a microphone is much less noticeable. Editable sound is all they need to distort the truth, as the media does so often, rarely getting caught and even more rarely correcting the "mistake".

Lehi

I dont think they would have to carry as long as they made sure no one else was. Can you imagine... Screening just like the airports before you go into the temple "I'm sorry your temple bag won't fit in the screener, you are going to have to check it"

For your Celestial flight.

As long as the Brothers clear security it would not matter whom it is.

To get in the building is not the same thing as getting access to the President. Anyone who gets through screening can tour, but if see the President and even move in his general direction...you get a "beat down"! Even cops have to surrender their ammo when standing near the President.

Archived