Kenngo1969

Hit me with anything you got! :aggressive:

How does it work?

Capabilities?

Limitations?

Tips and Tricks?

How is it similar to/different from IM?

What about video/Webcam capability?

(I'm an absolute Skype neophyte, I signed up to be able better to communicate with an acquaintance on the other side of the world [well, OK; not quite, but almost!] and I've sent the requisite invitation to communicate, but I need to know some of the above in order to communicate successfully.)

Thanks in advance, ye Technophiles! :DB:)

I have it, its ok. Sometimes there is echoing. Otherwise its not bad.

Me puedes decir como lo funciona? (Can you tell me how it works? That is, not in terms of quality but in terms of mechanics? How does one go about using it?) ;)

Thanks! :)

Thanks all! :) I believe this is a headset issue and not a Skype issue, but I had one of the strangest conversations in which I have ever participated tonight. My interlocutor could hear me but I couldn't hear her, so I spoke my end of the conversation and she typed hers. (Apparently, either she's mute or I'm deaf! :rofl:) I have a Logitech H390 USB headset. I've tried to read their 4-point-type troubleshooting guide. It tells me there's a volume control "on the in-line remote" which needs to be turned up but the only thing I can find is a mute button which flashes when it's activated and shines solid when it's not.

P.S.: And she could see me via my Webcam but I, alas, could not see her. I can only imagine the trauma she must have experienced at seeing my ugly mug for such an extended period, while I, by contrast, can certainly say I felt some degree of trauma at not being able to see her lovely visage! :(

Thanks in advance for any help. :)

Edited by Kenngo1969

Thanks all! :) I believe this is a headset issue and not a Skype issue, but I had one of the strangest conversations in which I have ever participated tonight. My interlocutor could hear me but I couldn't hear her, so I spoke my end of the conversation and she typed hers. (Apparently, either she's mute or I'm deaf! :rofl:) I have a Logitech H390 USB headset. I've tried to read their 4-point-type troubleshooting guide. It tells me there's a volume control "on the in-line remote" which needs to be turned up but the only thing I can find is a mute button which flashes when it's activated and shines solid when it's not.

P.S.: And she could see me via my Webcam but I, alas, could not see her. I can only imagine the trauma she must have experienced at seeing my ugly mug for such an extended period, while I, by contrast, can certainly say I felt some degree of trauma at not being able to see her lovely visage! :(

Thanks in advance for any help. :)

BUMP! I tested my headphones by going to Control Panel => Sounds, where I selected the headset and right-clicked on it which displayed a dropdown menu which includes a "Test" option, which, when I clicked on it, alternately set off the little chimes in my ears one at a time, first in one ear then in the other.

So, the good news is that the problem doesn't appear to be on my end. The bad news is that the problem doesn't appear to be on my end. :huh:<_< Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

BUMP!

So, the good news is that the problem doesn't appear to be on my end. The bad news is that the problem doesn't appear to be on my end. :huh:<_< Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

My computer problems have a first name M I C R O S O F T

my computer problem have a second W I N D O W S

the only idea I have is that the other person does not have a mic and head set.