Home Teaching Message: Love At Home

Messenger

This month’s home teaching message is all about love at home. There are lots of quotes and advice on how to talk, treat, and teach other members of the family to promote it. For those of us that are single, I will say this: Study the scriptures, emulate Christ, and treat yourself with respect. Surround yourself with the armor of God. When you do this, everyone that enters your home will feel the security, the respit from the world, and the warm feeling of love that your home is to you.

And maybe, be open to marrying, preparing to be married, desiring to be married, capable of being married and willing to step out of your comfort zone for marriage, and able to commit if you should find a companion to be married.

And maybe, be open to marrying, preparing to be married, desiring to be married, capable of being married and willing to step out of your comfort zone for marriage, and able to commit if you should find a companion to be married.

And maybe, just maybe they are actually doing the things you say. Perhaps, whats really needed is a little love? Capable of being loved, willing to love, and commit to understanding the true love of the Savior. The windows of heaven are not made of one way glass my friend.

Besides, the topic is love at home this month, not simply marriage, and certainly not hate of others that arent married. Everyone knows that love at home does certainly and positively include the family. But, for those that arent currently married, or have been married, and some of us that are even sealed but not civily married, love at home can still exist. Perhaps you should start your own thread on your topic. I look forward to hearing your insights. What experience do you have? How long have you been married? How many kids do you have? And, when is the last time you taught a group of High Priests a lesson on marriage?

I am of the firm belief that marraige is about love, the love a couple shares. When you have experienced this kind of love in marriage, nothing brings you closer to Heavenly Father. But it also doesnt mean that those that arent married cant feel the love of Christ at home. Marriage alone does not guarantee love at home, perhaps for a short time the act, but not much else.

As far as love and marriage, does that kind of love include projecting a message of superiorority over those that arent currently civily married? Where does a message like that come from? and what is it like to live in your world? Do you feel love when you say it? It is my opinion that Love in a celestial marriage could never be based on such a belief. We are all children of heavenly father and in fact,..... (He) came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh. For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone. In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord. Is that the kind of love you have in your home, in your temple?

Edited by Messenger