Endowment And Execution Feeling

Duncan

"I desire to refer back to a time when I was about thirteen years of age, when Heber C. Kimball sent word to my brother, Joseph Kimball, who is now in the Church Office Building, and myself, to come to his office. When we arrived there, mere boys, he said to us: " If you want your father's blessing you be at the endowment house in the morning and have your endowments. " Of course we were frightened nearly to death. I do not know how people feel when they are going to be executed, but that is the sort of feeling I had, not knowing and having no conception of what it all meant. However, we were there and we had our endowments. I did not remember much of that which transpired, but I was awed, and the impression was burned into my soul of the sacredness of that place, and the sacredness of the covenants which I had entered into when almost a child.|"

Elder J. Golden Kimball

April 1931,GC

I received my endowment 11 days after I went into the MTC and I was feeling trepidatious but I couldn't say that I was feeling like I was going to be executed!

I do not know how people feel when they are going to be executed, but that is the sort of feeling I had, not knowing and having no conception of what it all meant.

I dunno, if I'm ever executed, I think I'll be pretty clear on what it all means: I'm gonna die.

Fear of the unknown! Thank goodness they now have temple prep classes. They didnt when I got my endowments. I cant say that I was fearful before I went into the temple for the first time. But It was certainly unknown for sure. I was definately enthusiatic to go, but after it all, I was probably a little awe struck. Thank goodness I went through with the man that baptized me. That helped a lot.