Mormon President Can Do No Wrong

sjdawg

This may have already been discussed. It is a couple weeks old.

http://www.usatoday....m-prophet_N.htm

Seems to be a pretty fair article.

"When asked about his statement discounting that man would ever reach the moon, former church President Joseph Fielding Smith said, simply, "Well, I was wrong.""

Well there we have, it would seem by his own admission he could not have been speaking as a Prophet when the statement was made.

Overall the article is pretty good.

Age old problem.

Catholics teach that the Pope is infallible, and no one believes them; and Mormons teach the Prophet is fallible, and no one believe them either.

Amen.

Age old problem.

Catholics teach that the Pope is infallible, and no one believes them; and Mormons teach the Prophet is fallible, and no one believe them either. ;)

The Pope is infalliable in regards to faith and morals is the proper understanding.

What I've come to the conclusion though is that what the Pope and Catholics consider as moral issues, others (including LDS) do not see it at all as a moral issue.

Oh well.

I think prophets make mistakes regularly. But I also think General Conference is about as inspired as you can get. When was the last time the G.A.'s dropped the ball on saving doctrines? It's not that I don't think critically during conference. I do. It's just that I can't find faults with what they say. That is all.

What I found intriguing was the new information that President Monson has two right hands. I hadn't notced this before. Must make shaking everyone's hands much quicker!

What is even more intriguing about this favorable article is that the writer writes for the Salt Lake Tribune. And here I thought the Trib could not bear to say a word in praise of the church or its leaders.

Well, the article did appear in the USA Today, not the Trib, after all, so perhaps she felt a little more editorial freedom.

Archived