Darkness in Americas at the time of the Crucifixion

Uncle Dale

A high compliment. TY.

RA

He said, entirely without irony, which, for me, is the sincerest sort of selfdeception, given the publicity surrounding Madame Brodie's fall from grace following her Jefferson tome.

There is no doubt a great many records of the western hemisphere empires at the time of the conquistadors were destroyed, so this is gonna be one of the many arguments without much in the way of physical records/evidence, only a few oral traditions. I sincerely and totally unchristianly hope those people who destroyed these precious records in the name of God and/or personal greed have a special very warm place reserved for them.

He said, entirely without irony, which, for me, is the sincerest sort of selfdeception, given the publicity surrounding Madame Brodie's fall from grace following her Jefferson tome.

Sheer ignorance is more likely. It is certainly acknowledged that Brodie was a ground breaker but I have not been to an academic conference on Mormonism that lauds her work....quite the contrary. Vogel's psychohisotry was put in the same category and it wasn't meant as a compliment. Since Abanes likes to quote Shipps he might be interested to know she was one of those academics who discredited Brodie's psychoanalysis.

As I've said so often before......"It doesn't matter what I say to you."

RA

Richie, I didn't know we knew each other that well. I'm blushing.

And, no, it probably doesn't matter what you say, given what you've said. Surprise me by saying something that isn't so steeped in unreasoning and hidebound antiMormon bigotry of the kind that still believes in Elderhorns in a postexistentialist age, and then it might just matter.

• Ease me out of my comfortable dismissal of your ignorance and bigotry.
  • Beat me out of my reasonable expectations of being underwhelmed by your evenhanded treatment of sources.
  • Blast me out of my disgust at your presentism.

USU "Cry me a river" 78

Richie, I didn't know we knew each other that well. I'm blushing.
My name is not "Richie" - thank you. That was a professional stage name n longer in use by me for many many years. Please, do not use it for what appears to be mockery. TY.
And, no, it probably doesn't matter what you say, given what you've said.
I rest my case.
Surprise me by saying something that isn't so steeped in unreasoning and hidebound antiMormon bigotry ......
Done. Conversation over.

RA

what appears to be mockery. TY.

He's a good guy -- (just has a bad apple uncle whose example he too often follows).

What's on page 468 of your book? Google has that page blocked, and I'm curious.

UD

What's on page 468 of your book? Google has that page blocked, and I'm curious.
Oh, the jokes I could make. LoL. Sigh. But seriously folks, p. 468 (paperback)? Hmmm, odd page to ask for. It's a page that contains recommended resources, including a nice paragraph on "Mormon Classics Library" at SidneyRigdon.com - :P You look so cute in that picture.

RA

it seems you are just trying to yank somebody's chain with the sarcasm.

Who?

Me?

No one likes a frowning face.

Change it for a smile.

Make the world a better place

By smiling all the while.

Yer Unk

Archived