Seriously No Politics ×

Mormon Prophet John Taylor's view on Polygamy

Neo

It's easier for me to understand jumpting the gun without having all the facts, than it is for me to understand having the facts but choosing to ignore them.

Unless the facts are not necessary for your salvation, and an explanation will be revealed in the afterlife, then it okay to put the toublesome facts on the bookshelf, and let them gather dust.

I rest my case your honor.

Well Dadof7, it's been nice chatting with you. However, the case you claim to have rested does not deny the reality that Mormon leaders have been deliberately deceptive with regard to polygamy among many other things.

Neo

Do you not find it especially convenient that the mormon god just happened to abolish it right at the same time the US government was also putting immense pressure on Mormons regarding polygamy?

7 And Isaac spake unto Abraham his father, and said, "My father: and he said, Here am I, my son. And he said, Behold the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering?"  8 And Abraham said, "My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering": so they went both of them together."  9 And they came to the place which God had told him of; and Abraham built an altar there, and laid the wood in order, and bound Isaac his son, and laid him on the baltar upon the wood.  10 And Abraham stretched forth his hand, and took the knife to slay his son.  11 And the angel of the LORD called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham: and he said, Here am I.  12 And he said, "Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me."  13 And Abraham lifted up his eyes, and looked, and behold behind him a ram caught in a thicket by his horns: and Abraham went and took the ram, and offered him up for a burnt offering in the stead of his son.

Isn't that convenient? G-d provides a substitute sacrificial victim just at the moment when Isaac was about to be butchered and burnt.

Archived