Seriously No Politics ×

Polygamy Criminalization Ruled Unconstitutional

Daniel2

Ah. But when you die God will magically change you so you will want multiple wives. He will fix you so you will eternally live a celestial marriage with all of your new wives.

Do I detect a slight tinge of sarcasm here? :)

Be that as it may, I don't think you are correct. If one rejects the principle of eternal marriage, which includes within it plural marriage, then one will have rejected marriage in eternity. And will have no wives.

I hear the Terrestrial Kingdom and the lower third of the Celestial Kingdom are quite lovely places, though.

Actually about three quarters of the way through his opinion Judge Posner of the 7th Circuit made some interesting comments about the history of polygamy.    Unfortunately, my browser won't let me copy the link.  But if you google Posner gay marriage decision you will eventually find it.

Guess you need to view from my perspective. Let us hope that you are indeed a Book of Mormon Lover and have the same distain for polygamy that it does.

The Book of Mormon cannot distain polygamy anymore than my websters dictionary can distain Mexican food.This makes no sense

The Book of Mormon cannot distain polygamy anymore than my websters dictionary can distain Mexican food.This makes no sense

That's a cheap shot, Coreyb!  :D

I don't think that the Book of Mormon disdains polygamy.  It just recognizes that without divine mandate it is against the rules!  It does not forbid it generally.  If anyone tries to read it that way, they are straining at a gnat.

Archived