Seriously No Politics ×

LBGTQ/Mormon conversations

Sky

10 hours ago, Sky said:

A few days ago I stepped out of line and said something to another poster that I regret, which also happened to get me banned from the thread.  I lost my patience.  I want to apologize for how I conducted myself in that thread.  I should have done better and I will do better in the future.  

With that said, I want to plead with everyone here to please be careful with what you say and how you say it in regards to LGBTQ/Mormon topics, no matter who you might find yourself more sympathetic to.  This topic in particular is complex and especially sensitive.  Our church leaders have acknowledged this, too.  

Some of us here are LGBTQ ourselves, and many of us have family and friends who are.  Please don’t say anything inflammatory or hurtful if you can help it.  We know what the doctrines of the Church are, and don’t need to be reminded of it constantly or told that we are apostate.  

In short, I hope that we can all treat each other here as if we were talking in person.  Please be nice. 

That is all!  

This is a great post and something we all need to be reminded of from time to time (for any topic on here).  

As far as the specific topic (LBGTQ), I think members are getting better at being more comfortable with and more open about discussing it.  But some still seem to get angry or almost hateful on these threads (or at least resentful maybe)..

I think kllindley, pogi, Calm and Juliann are some excellent examples of how a member can love and understand and have empathy for gay members.  The manner in which they are so fair and civil here when discussing gay issues, is such a great example of how it’s done right to open up communication instead of shutting it down.

Edited by JulieM